Santander Summer Internship Program
At Santander, we’re committed to helping our interns prosper personally and professionally through a number of engaging programs designed to introduce you to our culture and to help kick-start your career. Internship positions are full-time for 10 weeks of summer, running from June to August, and are available for business units including Corporate & Investment Banking, Finance, Information Technology, Risk, Audit, and a number of other areas. For most roles, we offer a hybrid work schedule, with in-person days in our Boston, Dallas, Miami, and New York City offices.
Check out our available 2024 Summer Internship positions below, and apply today! If you have questions, we welcome you to reach out to our Campus Recruitment team at email@example.comApply Now
What you need to apply:
As well as a can-do attitude and a passion for doing great things, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- Current student in your penultimate year of study
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0*
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for 10 consecutive weeks
- Career interest in the field for which you are applying
- Authorization to work in the United States
* Some placements may require higher minimum cumulative GPA.
** Some placements will allow for sponsorship.
2023 Campus Forward Award Winner
Santander is proud to be recognized as a 2023 Campus Forward Award Winner. The award recognizes excellence in early career hiring, celebrating the programs that are embracing innovative recruitment strategies, making significant investments in D&I, and supporting the next generation of talent through impactful internships and entry-level programs.
2023 Handshake Early Talent Awards Winner
This year, Santander US was also honored to be a recipient of the 2023 Handshake Early Talent Award! The annual Early Talent Awards recognize the top employers for Gen Z careers, and we’re proud to be one of only 180 employers to receive an award this year.
From Campus to Career
Average yearly percentage of interns who receive offers post program completion.
We value the fresh insights and perspective our interns bring to our company; therefore, it’s our aim to find placements for our interns so we can continue to benefit from the value they bring to Santander.
Grow with us
Interns are given the training and support to thrive within their position through weekly learning and development sessions, engagement with C-suite level leadership, and regular coffee chats where interns can connect with one another and our Campus Recruitment team.
Prosper with us
As a multi-national, multi-cultural company with headquarters in Madrid, Spain, DE&I is part of the fabric that makes our company great. We recruit U.S. and international students from U.S. colleges and universities to strengthen and mirror the diversity of voices and ideas that help us succeed as a company. During the program, interns are encouraged to join one of our seven Business Resource Groups (BRGs) and to participate in BRG events.
Find your balance with us
For most of our roles, we offer a hybrid work schedule, with in-person and remote days designated by their manager. At Santander, we’ve proven that we can be just as productive working from home, so the intention of our hybrid model is simple: it’s about forging connection and bonding and collaborating in ways we can’t always do online.
Some of the dynamic business areas that may offer summer internships:
- Business Planning and Administration
- Change Management
- Commercial Banking
- Corporate and Investment Banking
- Corporate Communications
- Credit Management and Underwriting
- Decision Sciences
- Digital Marketing
- Event Management
- Human Resources
- Information Security
- Information Technology
- Internal Audit
- International Trade and Commercial Finance
- Risk Management
- Strategy and Corporate Development
- Transaction Banking
What about after graduation? Let’s talk about your future.
Santander US offers three post-graduation programs in our Commercial Credit, Finance, and Corporate & Investment Banking business units. If spots remain unfilled by former interns, job postings for these programs are available in the fall semester.
Commercial Credit Analyst Program (CCAP)Program Overview
Develop the foundation for a career in Commercial Banking with in-depth training and real-time application of credit analysis principles.Length of Program
One yearProgram Start
- The Commercial Credit Analyst Program is a comprehensive 12-month program that includes 4 weeks of role-specific training followed by line of business/function presentations and continuing education courses while gaining hands-on experience through rotations in sponsoring business units. This program will provide rigorous, comprehensive, and foundational credit analysis training and other skills required for a successful career in commercial banking.
- The program consists of four+ weeks of formal training in modules such as accounting and credit analysis, as well as 11 months of rotational program experience in underwriting and portfolio management.
- Participants will graduate into a full-time role, having met exam and assessment requirements during classroom and rotational portions of the program.
- Training addresses foundational credit areas utilizing classroom training, case studies, group work, and individual assessments/tests in the areas of accounting, credit analysis, and portfolio management. Other trainings will cover topics ranging from professional development to CRM tools and industry analysis platforms.
- C-CAP provides participants a multitude of supplemental development opportunities, including but limited to, on-the-job hands-on experience in the commercial bank; mentorship, leadership, and networking opportunities; and participation in continuous education and special projects.
- Working in a supportive environment with access to senior management, you’ll develop a range of practical, transferable skills while fostering connections across various business segments.
Financial Analyst Rotational Program (FAR)Program Overview
Every summer, the Finance department welcomes new members to the two-year rotational program. Analysts transition through three eight-month rotations across key Finance pillars: Core Banking, Insights & Analysis, Business FP&A. With exposure to leadership and hands-on experience, the program prepares analysts for a career in any finance team.Length of Program
Two yearsProgram Start
- Trainings led by US Finance leadership team, including the CFO, Head of FP&A, and US Treasurer in week one
- Immediate ownership of projects and processes to develop deep understanding of both Santander and industry best practices
- Access to extensive FAR alumni network with quarterly events
- Upon graduation from the program, FAR graduates are placed in best-fit positions and utilize rotation experiences to jump-start their finance careers
Corporate & Investment Banking ProgramProgram Overview
A single placement program within one of the five divisions of Santander Corporate and Investment Banking:
- Banking and Corporate Finance
- Global Transaction Banking
- Global Debt Finance
- First Line of Defense – Credit Underwriting and Portfolio Management
One yearProgram Start
New York, NY
- Four weeks of formal classroom training including modules in financial statement analysis, forecast modeling, credit analysis and major valuation
- Supplemental development opportunities including product training, technical training, professional development training and interactions with our executive team
- Partnered with a mentor who provides guidance and advice while immediately building your Santander network