Santander Summer Internship Program
At Santander, we’re committed to helping our interns prosper personally and professionally through a number of engaging programs design to introduce you to our culture and to help kick-start your career. Internship positions are full-time for 10 weeks of summer, running from June to August, and are available for business units including Corporate & Investment Banking, Finance, Information Technology, Risk, Audit, and a number of other areas. We offer a mix of remote and hybrid opportunities, with in-person days in our Boston, Dallas, Miami, and New York City offices.
Interested in joining us next summer? Applications are open now through Mid-Nov. for our 2023 internship class, with positions available across our business units.
What you need to apply:
As well as a can-do attitude and a passion for doing great things, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- Current student in your penultimate year of study
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0*
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for 10 consecutive weeks
- Career interest in the field for which you are applying
- Authorization to work in the United States
* Some placements may require higher minimum cumulative GPA.
** Some placements will allow for sponsorship.
From Campus to Career
Percentage of the 2021 intern class who received offers for post-program employment.
We value the fresh insights and perspective our interns bring to our company; therefore, it’s our aim to find placements for our interns so we can continue to benefit from the value they bring to Santander.
Grow with us
Interns are given the training and support to thrive within their position through weekly learning and development sessions, engagement with C-suite level leadership, and regular coffee chats where interns can connect with one another and our Campus Recruitment team.
Prosper with us
As a multi-national, multi-cultural company with headquarters in Madrid, Spain, DE&I is part of the fabric that makes our company great. We recruit U.S. and international students from U.S. colleges and universities to strengthen and mirror the diversity of voices and ideas that help us succeed as a company. During the program, interns are encouraged to join one of our seven Business Resource Groups (BRGs) and to participate in BRG events.
Find your balance with us
In 2022, nearly 20% of our interns were fully remote and 80% worked a hybrid schedule, with in-person and remote days designated by their manager. At Santander, we’ve proven that we can be just as productive working from home, so the intention of our hybrid model is simple: it’s about forging connection and bonding and collaborating in ways we can’t always do online.
Hear from our interns We asked our interns about their experience interning at Santander. Here’s what they had to share.
Some of the dynamic business areas that may offer summer internships:
- Business Planning and Administration
- Change Management
- Corporate and Investment Banking
- Corporate Communications
- Credit Management and Underwriting
- Decision Sciences
- Digital Marketing
- Event Management
- Human Resources
- Information Security
- Information Technology
- Internal Audit
- International Trade and Commercial Finance
- Risk Management
- Strategy and Corporate Development
- Transaction Banking
What about after graduation? Let’s talk about your future.
Santander US offers three post-graduation programs in our Commercial Credit, Finance, and Corporate & Investment Banking business units. If spots remain unfilled by former interns, job postings for these programs are available in the fall semester.
Commercial Credit Rotational Training ProgramProgram Overview
A comprehensive credit training rotational program with placement in Commercial Banking businesses. Undergraduate Seniors and 2nd year MBA students are hired each academic year to join this robust program.Length of Program
One yearProgram Start
- Six to eight weeks of formal classroom credit training to start the program
- 10 months of rotating roles, continuous education and bank product and service training
- Graduation after 12 months, with requirements including examinations, individual and group assessments during the classroom training, and all Continuous Education training
Financial Analyst Rotational ProgramProgram Overview
A rotational program with four 6-month rotations across areas such as Strategy, Business Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis, Treasury, Capital Management, and Accounting.Length of Program
Two yearsProgram Start
- Responsibilities include special projects and monthly deliverables
- Training opportunities, such as the Wall Street Prep Excel course
- Interaction and communication with Finance and Business Executives
- Mentorship from a team member within the Finance team
Corporate & Investment Banking ProgramProgram Overview
A single placement program within one of the five divisions of Santander Corporate and Investment Banking:
- Banking and Corporate Finance
- Global Transaction Banking
- Global Debt Finance
- First Line of Defense – Credit Underwriting and Portfolio Management
One yearProgram Start
New York, NY
- Four weeks of formal classroom training including modules in financial statement analysis, forecast modeling, credit analysis and major valuation
- Supplemental development opportunities including product training, technical training, professional development training and interactions with our executive team
- Partnered with a mentor who provides guidance and advice while immediately building your Santander network