Student and Graduate Opportunities
WHO WE ARE
We are Santander US, and we’re wholly owned by Santander Group, a global bank which serves more than 100 million customers in the United Kingdom, Latin America and Europe. Here in the United States, we offer simple, personal and fair financial solutions to help our customers prosper. What does that mean for you? Strong support and lots of opportunities to advance and build the type of career you want, all in a dynamic environment that respects your talent, your initiative and your background.
INTERNSHIPS: A WEALTH OF CAREER OPPORTUNITY
When you bring your bright ideas and go-getter attitude to our team, you’ll have the chance to build on our success and launch a fulfilling career through our internship programs.
Some of the dynamic business areas that may offer summer internships:
- Business Planning and Administration
- Change Management
- Corporate and Investment Banking
- Corporate Communications
- Credit Management and Underwriting
- Decision Sciences
- Digital Marketing
- Event Management
- Human Resources
- Information Security
- Information Technology
- Internal Audit
- International Trade and Commercial Finance
- Risk Management
- Strategy and Corporate Development
- Transaction Banking
We’re always on the lookout for top talent and sharp skills. At the end of the internship, we may even find that we can’t live without you, and may consider you for a full-time position after you graduate.
WHAT THE PROGRAM LOOKS LIKE:
Alongside your daily responsibilities, you’ll have the opportunity to work on special projects and impactful assignments relevant to your studies. There’s a lot to look forward to, including:
Summer Intern New Hire Orientation
A day specifically created for all the interns to begin onboarding processes and hear more about the details of the summer program ahead.
Senior Leadership Speaker Series
Hear from members of our executive team in hour-long sessions throughout the summer by attending in-person or virtually.
Professional Development Seminars
Workshops and seminars run by our Learning and Development team to teach you new skills and sharpen ones you’ve already developed.
Community Involvement and Volunteer Activities
An opportunity for all the interns to come together and make an impact in the local community through a dedicated volunteer day.
Social and Networking Events
Organized time to meet and mingle with other interns, managers and team members.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
As well as a can-do attitude and a passion for doing great things, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- Current student in your penultimate year of study
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for 10 consecutive weeks
- Career interest in the field for which you are applying
- Authorization to work in the United States
Set a reminder on your phone and update your calendar. If you miss the application period, you will not be able to join the internship program. We begin looking for candidates in early fall, with interviews occurring on a rolling basis from October through mid-December. Apply here online, and good luck!
AFTER GRADUATION: FIRST STEPS ON A CAREER PATH
SANTANDER CORPORATE AND INVESTMENT BANKING PROGRAM
Want to launch your career into the corporate and investment banking field? Start as a Santander Corporate and Investment Banking (SCIB) summer intern. Successful interns may go on to join the SCIB program. As an SCIB analyst or associate you will be placed within one of SCIB's dynamic coverage or product teams throughout a one-year program.
A single placement program within one of the five divisions of Santander Corporate and Investment Banking:
- Banking and Corporate Finance
- Global Transaction Banking
- Global Debt Finance
- First Line of Defense – Credit Underwriting and Portfolio Management
- Four weeks of formal classroom training including modules in financial statement analysis, forecast modeling, credit analysis and major valuation
- Supplemental development opportunities including product training, technical training, professional development training and interactions with our executive team over the remaining 11 months of the program
- Partnered with a mentor, who is able to provide you with guidance and advice while immediately building your Santander network
FINANCIAL ANALYTICS ROTATIONAL PROGRAM
Want to become a fearless finance leader driving the future of Santander? Start as a finance summer intern with us. Successful interns may go on to join the Financial Analyst Rotational(FAR) Program, a program we built just for students like you.
- Four six-month rotations across areas such as strategy, business finance, financial planning and analysis, treasury, capital management and accounting
- Responsibilities include special projects and monthly deliverables
- Lots of interaction and communication with finance and business executive management
- Mentorship from a finance team member
Once you’ve finished your two rotations, you’ll be more than ready for your next steps and have the opportunity to work full time with us in a role related to your interests and performance.
COMMERCIAL CREDIT TRAINING PROGRAM
Want to make an impact in commercial banking? The Santander Commercial Credit Training Program (SCCTP) may be the right fit.
- Twelve-month comprehensive credit training program with placement in the commercial banking businesses
- Six weeks of formal classroom credit training followed by 10 months of rotations within the commercial bank
- Graduation from program after 12 months, with requirements including examinations, individual and group assessments during the classroom training and all continuous education training
- Students in their final academic year are hired each fall semester to join after graduation
- The SCCTP begins each year in June; job postings are available in September, so be sure to check back at that time and apply
Sound good? This can be a great first step to finding an exciting role for you in our commercial banks doing work you’ll have the skills and training for.
Be sure to check back regularly for details about available positions.