SANTANDER'S BENEFITS PHILOSOPHY
The goal of Santander's benefits offering is to provide employees and their families access to the right care, from the right provider, at the right cost. We continue to evolve and expand the programs available to help meet the diverse needs of our employees, either now or in the future. Also, we make sure that our benefits remain competitive with, or better than, those of our peers and are sustainable for both employees and Santander. Below is a summary of the various benefits available to eligible Santander US employees.
Your Health and Well-Being
- Three medical plan options, including one that works with a Health Savings Account (HSA) to which Santander contributes.
- Visit a doctor of your choice and receive comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage. All plans include 100% coverage for in-network preventive services, telemedicine, and programs to support your overall health.
- Dental plans provide in- and out-of-network benefits and 100% coverage for in-network preventive services. A buy-up plan allows for orthodontia benefits and a higher annual maximum benefit.
- Choose from two vision plans that both offer in- and out-of-network benefits and coverage for lenses, frames and contacts.
- Access to tax-advantaged healthcare accounts that use pre-tax dollars to help pay for out-of-pocket healthcare expenses such as office visits and prescription drug copays.
- Through Santander’s employee assistance program employees and their family members have access to no-cost 24/7 counseling services to help support them across a variety of personal needs including stress, anxiety, financial concerns and relationship issues.
Time Away from Work
- Paid time off ranging from 18 to 30 days depending on the role
- 16 hours of paid volunteer time off
- 8 hours of development paid time off
- 4 hours of diversity paid time off
- 11 national holidays throughout the year
Supporting You and Your Family
- 8 weeks of paid maternity leave
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave (14 weeks total for birth mothers with the ability to have reduced hours before and after giving birth)
- Also paid caregiver leave, a well-being platform, a tax-advantaged account to help pay for dependent care expenses, a tax-advantaged commuter program to pay for transit and/or parking expenses, access to backup dependent care services and care services for dependents of all ages, computer purchase reimbursement, tuition reimbursements, and a legal assistance program.
- 401(k) plan where employees can save for their future on a pre-tax or Roth after-tax basis and receive a dollar-for-dollar matching contribution from Santander, up to 6% of eligible pay.
- Company-paid leave of absence programs such as short-term disability and long-term disability for injuries and illness coverage + option to elect critical care illness insurance.
- Life and AD&D insurance coverage at no cost to you + option to elect additional coverage for yourself and eligible family members.
- Discounts on everyday needs such tuition, group auto and home insurance, pet insurance, fitness membership and cell phone service.
*SCI PR has separate benefits offerings and are not included in the above.
This summary describes certain Santander’s benefit plans and policies. Your eligibility for and entitlement to a benefit mentioned herein are governed by the terms of the official plan document or policy. Santander reserves the right to amend or terminate its plans and policies in full or in part at any time for any reason. In the event of a conflict between this summary and the official plan document or policy, the official plan document or policy will control. All employment at Santander is at will