Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If that sounds like you, it’s time to drop everything and start getting excited – because we’re waiting to welcome you to an awesome future. One where you’ll be able to give your entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can Santander.
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional Investment Options
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA, Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and short-term disability insurance coverage
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel Discounts
As A Top Producing Mortgage Loan Officer, Check Out All That Santander Can Offer You!
- Aggressive Transition Dollars
- Bonus Payments for Established Pipelines & Book of Business
- Competitive Commission Plan
- Top Tier Ramp Up Structure & Compensation
- Exclusive Branch Referrals
- Competitive Rates on Our Extensive Product Mix Including Competitive Portfolio Suite, Condo & CO-OP Lending With A Designated Operations Team, Government Programs, & Outstanding Pricing on Jumbo, Construction to Permanent, & CRA loans
- Local Operational Support for Processing, Underwriting & Closing
- Community Involvement
- Comprehensive Benefits with Day One Eligibility
- Generous Company 401 (k) Match
- Healthy Work-Life Balance
- Social Responsibility
As a member of Santander’s retail banking division, you’ll help serve Santander’s retail & small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With a principal presence in Northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer & lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander Bank is seeking an EXPERIENCED Mortgage Loan Officer for our expanding Mortgage Sales Team.
Our Mortgage Loan Officers:
· Solicit mortgage loan customers, industry contacts & groups to capture mortgage loan business.
· Interview applicants to obtain pertinent information regarding their loan needs.
· Initiate the lending decision process.
· Provide service to customers seeking mortgage loans.
· Ensure compliance with Retail Mortgage Lending policies & procedures.
·Perform work in conjunction with outside sales including completing loan applications & paperwork & preparing marketing/sales materials.
· Update databases of loan products for sale & referral services.
· Call, write & e-mail clients or prospects.
· Assist in coordinating marketing & training programs.
· Study & evaluate new activities, policies, programs, services & markets related to business development strategy.
· Work with team members in the Mortgage Banking Division & other departments to provide information for prompt processing & closing of residential mortgage loan applications.
· Maintain current knowledge of trends & developments in the local real estate market as well as regulations concerning residential mortgage lending.
· Provide service & oversee all actions during the loan origination process for managing the relationship with the customer ensuring that the mortgage loan closes based upon mutually acceptable terms.
· Develop & cultivate self-generated referral sources & partnerships with retail branches.
· Manage mortgage pipeline, assist customers, input applications, & review financial & credit data.
· Prepare marketing plans & cross-sell other bank products & services.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Retail Mortgage lending work experience is required -- at least 2+ years
- Demonstrate proficiency in residential mortgage origination, FHA experience preferred.
- $30+ Million in Production
- Knowledge of mortgage loan regulatory requirements & residential loan products.
- PC proficiency.
- Proven sales track record.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- The ability to assess financial needs & the ability to work with minimal supervision is essential.
At Santander, we value & respect differences in our workforce & strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
In compliance with the requirements outlined within the Compensation Requirements under the Truth-in-Lending Act (LO Comp Rule) effective January 1st, 2014; Santander Bank will now perform a credit check as part of, & in addition to, the existing background check for all positions where one must perform job functions of a Loan Originator as defined by the LO Comp Rule.
Primary Location: Toms River, New Jersey, United States
Other Locations: New York-,New Jersey-Florham Park,New York-,New York-,New York-,New York-,Pennsylvania-Philadelphia,Pennsylvania-,New Jersey-,New Jersey-Toms River
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.
Work in Township of Toms River
Check out where you could be working if you apply.About this location