Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If that sounds like you, it’s time to drop everything and start getting excited – because we’re waiting to welcome you to an awesome future. One where you’ll be able to give your entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can Santander.
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional Investment Options
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA, Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and short-term disability insurance coverage
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel Discounts
- Soliciting mortgage loan customers, industry contacts and groups to capture mortgage loan business.
- Originating mortgage loans.
- Interviewing applicants to obtain pertinent information regarding their loan needs.
- Initiating the lending decision process.
- Providing service to customers seeking mortgage loans.
- Ensuring compliance to Retail Mortgage Lending policies and procedures.
- Performing work in conjunction with outside sales including completing loan applications and paperwork and preparing marketing/sales materials.
- Updating databases of loan products for sale and referral services.
- Calling, writing and e-mailing clients or prospects.
- Assisting in coordinating marketing and training programs.
- Studying and evaluating new activities, policies, programs, services and markets related to business development strategy.
- Working with team members in Mortgage Banking Division and other departments to provide information for prompt processing and closing of residential mortgage loan applications.
- Maintaining current knowledge of trends and developments in local real estate market as well as regulations concerning residential mortgage lending.
- Providing service and overseeing all actions during the loan origination process for managing the relationship with the customer ensuring that the mortgage loan closes based upon mutually acceptable terms.
- Developing and cultivating self-generated referral sources and partnerships with retail branches.
- Managing mortgage pipeline, assisting customers, inputting applications, and reviewing financial and credit data.
- Preparing marketing plans and cross-selling other bank products and services.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of Retail Mortgage lending work experience is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in residential mortgage origination, FHA experience preferred.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan regulatory requirements and residential loan products.
- PC proficiency.
- Proven sales track record.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to assess financial needs and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- In compliance with the requirements outlined within the Compensation Requirements under the Truth-in-Lending Act (LO Comp Rule) effective January 1st 2014; Santander Bank will now perform a credit check as part of, and in addition to, the existing background check for all positions where one must perform job functions of a loan originator as defined by the LO Comp Rule. In order to be eligible for this position you must have a valid US Social Security at the time of application.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location: Wellesley, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Wellesley
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.
Work in Town of Wellesley
Check out where you could be working if you apply.About this location