Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If that sounds like you, it’s time to drop everything and start getting excited – because we’re waiting to welcome you to an awesome future. One where you’ll be able to give your entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can Santander.
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional Investment Options
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA, Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and short-term disability insurance coverage
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel Discounts
Santander is one of the largest banks in the world, and one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With a principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division serves nearly 2 million customers and more than 5% of small businesses in the US.
The Branch Manager is responsible for the administration of sales, service, operational efficiency, risk applications, internal control and HR management activities to meet bank objectives for the branch. Incumbents develop a culture within the branch in which quality and continuous improvement on all performance accountabilities are understood and utilized by all team members. Ensures the team is focused on the acquisition of new business and personal relationships and the retention and expansion of existing relationships.
This is a Float Branch Manager position for Central CT area based out of Southington.
- Implements strategies to reduce overhead, and is responsible for managing branch P & L.
- Directs the development, implementation and use of productive sales strategies and techniques, generating additional bank business through any mean or channel provided by the Company.
- Focuses on increasing Bank products and services, sales and number of clients, by executing customized strategies related to people and client management.
- Coaches and motivates branch team members.
- Participates in branch functions and community activities to promote the organization's image and growth, ensuring that the Company maintains a strong local presence.
- Delivers exceptional customer service and coaches/motivates team to deepen existing customer relationships and acquire new customers.
- Manages performance of all branch staff. Responsible for the hiring, retention, motivation, and success of branch colleagues across all job families within the branch.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or equivalent field, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience
- Consultative, team-oriented sales personality with outstanding personal customer skills
- Demonstrates the ability to generate sales excitement and acts as a coach and mentor to the staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel with ability to operate a variety of office equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound risk decision making skills and strong operational proficiency
- Meets compliance and audit requirements
- Demonstrated supervisory abilities to provide constructive and positive feedback and manage performance
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships
- Ability to manage, supervise, instruct and coach
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to make independent decisions and utilize sound judgment
- Advanced knowledge of all Retail and Small business products and services and fluency in business acumen and in SME credit
- Highly motivated and competitive with proven leadership quality and very goal driven
- Understands all appropriate policies and procedures and process that impact work activities
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location: Southington, Connecticut, United States
Other Locations: -,Connecticut-Southington
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.
Work in Town of Southington
Check out where you could be working if you apply.About this location