Financial Consultant, Shrewsbury, MAApply Req ID: Req0963520 Date posted 05/25/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Financial Consultant is responsible for identifying needs, understanding client objectives, and making appropriate investment/insurance recommendations consistent with compliance standards in an effort to achieve sales results and long term client satisfaction.
- Achieve and exceed both individual and branch related sales and revenue goals as defined on a quarterly basis
- Maintain compliance with all applicable bank, broker/dealer, State and Federal regulations associated with the sale of investment and insurance products including Santander Policy Statement governing the sale of uninsured products
- When appropriate, provide leads to branch personnel for the sale of other bank products and services such as deposit accounts and loans
- Attend and actively participate in sales meetings, training initiatives, and planning sessions related to the development and growth of the program
- Develop and execute quarterly business development plans in accordance with sales management's objectives surrounding the marketing and promotion of investment products and services
- Maintain records, master operational procedures and provide sales and activity reports per management's request in a timely and efficient manner.
- Create strong internal and external relationships in an effort to develop referral sources and meet appointment objectives
- Maintain required professional training and license requirements, including knowledge of FINRA compliance, FDIC compliance, the Bank's uninsured Products Policy Statement and all applicable state and federal regulations.
- Provide active mentoring and coaching to all Licensed Bank Employees (LBEs) assigned within your branch territory
- Hold frequent client appointments, seminars, and branch training sessions in an effort to secure long-term client relationships and provide sales leadership to internal business partners regarding investment and insurance products
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent experience providing investment guidance and advice to clients.
- Must be able to demonstrate a superior record of sales achievement while maintaining high ethical standards.
- Degrees such as an MBA, CFP, CHLU or CHFC preferred.
- Experience: Between 5 - 9 years required.
- Licenses/Certifications: FINRA licenses 7 and 66, or 7 and 63 and 65 as well as appropriate state insurance licenses required.
- Ability to effectively communicate and coach while responding to all customer inquiries in an efficient manner
- Superior sales skills and have a command of all aspects of investment and insurance products including mutual funds and annuities
- Thorough understanding of economic principles and compliance standards
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Primary Location: Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, United States of America
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Shrewsbury
Organization: Santander Bank N.A.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.