Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If that sounds like you, it’s time to drop everything and start getting excited – because we’re waiting to welcome you to an awesome future. One where you’ll be able to give your entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can Santander.
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional Investment Options
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA, Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and short-term disability insurance coverage
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel Discounts
Santander is one of the largest banks in the world, and one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With a principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division serves nearly 2 million customers and more than 5% of small businesses in the US.
Being a Relationship Banker at Santander
As a Relationship Banker you will be responsible for servicing and building relationships with branch Consumer and Business customers. You will deliver an exceptional customer experience through engagement of customers in the branch, over the phone, and through collaboration with business partners.
What to Expect
- Put the customer at the center of everything you do. Make connections with customers in the branch and over the phone.
- Engage Consumer and Business customers through proactive, outbound calling for both service and relationship deepening opportunities.
- Assess customer needs by being genuinely curious, asking questions, and identify opportunities to help achieve their financial goals today and in the future.
- Be the expert on Santander Consumer and Business products and services and be able to articulate the benefits that will help customers based on their need.
- Recommend the best solutions based on need; deliver solutions directly as well as introduce Investment and Mortgage partners, when appropriate.
- Build trust and deliver solutions by setting expectations and meeting commitments.
- Develop relationships with new and existing Consumer and Business customers by maintaining contact through early engagement calls and regular outreach with portfolio customers.
- Deliver an outstanding customer experience in every interaction. Ensure timely follow up and escalate when appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with all bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- May assist customers with teller transactions as needed.
- 4 year college degree (preferred)
- 2 or more years of personal banking experience (strongly preferred)
- Motivated to help people achieve financial goals
- Passion and personal commitment to proactively help customers
- Exceptional listening and communication skills in person and over the phone
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, building strong relationships with colleagues and business partners
- Ability to use critical thinking to solve problems and provide solutions to customer issues
- Demonstrated proficiency using the phone to engage with customers
- Basic computer skills
Hours and Schedule
- 40 hours per week
- Schedule varies depending on branch need and may include Saturdays and/or Sundays
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location: Lexington, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Lexington
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.
Work in Town of Lexington
Check out where you could be working if you apply.About this location