Branch Operations Manager, Hempstead, NYApply Req ID: Req0960554 Date posted 05/16/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Santander is one of the largest banks in the world, and one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With a principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division serves nearly 2 million customers and more than 5% of small businesses in the US.
The Sr. Specialist, Branch Operations Manager performs the operations and service functions of the branch, including adherence to all security, reconciliation, monitoring and balancing policies and procedures. S/he specializes in our branch customer experience through lobby management, transactions, and servicing for retail and business customers. As a branch leader, the Branch Operations Manager acts as a trusted expert on a wide range of policies providing clarity, guidance on execution, and assistance with escalations.
- Adheres to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies
- Functions as the Vault and/or ATM Custodian, to include balancing
- Completes branch currency ordering, maintains negotiable inventory, and maintains audit logs
- Performs sporadic teller cash counts
- Acts as the second in command to the branch manager, taking a leadership role to ensure fundamental behaviors and routines are executed. For example, announces new products and services, customer experience scripting, operations updates, daily plan, key activities to accomplish for the day.
- Assists branch manager with staff scheduling.
- Provides a variety of transactions for customers, including typical consumer transactions i.e., cashes checks and processes checking and savings account withdrawals and balancing duties, etc., while seeking opportunities to develop customer relationships and identify sales opportunities; utilizes basic sales techniques to deepen existing customer/prospect relationships.
- Researches and resolves account problems in partnership with Branch Manager
- Observes end to end teller transactions and using coaching tools, prompts to help team members improve customer experience in branch.
- Effectively communicate with customers to ensure a great customer experience, consistently executing the behaviors required to deliver respect through Santander’s Customer Experience standards
- Document changes made to branch policy, cascading information to team members and proactively inspecting and testing for operational readiness.
- High School Diploma Required.
- 12-18 months of demonstrated successful experience as a Teller; District Executive and Region President endorsement of performance
- Broad knowledge of Company policies and procedures, services and products
- Extensive knowledge of branch operations and regulatory requirements
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent cash-handling skills, and the ability to maintain and balance a cash drawer
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated to succeed in a goal driven environment with the desire to motivate & coach others to succeed
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Ability to interact with varying customers (consumer to small business) and to effectively handle difficult customer conversations
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Basic understanding of personal finances and concept of budgeting
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy. To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all eligibility requirements.
- Meet the qualifications posted for the positions they are applying for
- Apply online through the Company’s internal careers site for job posting
- Complete 12 months of continuous service within your current position and be in good standing (rating of Achieved or better, not been placed on a performance improvement plan)
Please click here to see the full policy: http://thesource.sov.gs.corp/human-resources/careers-and-growth/hiring-internal-mobility/
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.English
Primary Location: Hempstead, New York, United States of America
Other Locations: New York-Hempstead
Organization: Santander Bank N.A.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.