Commercial Banking Relationship ManagerApply Req ID: Req0992438 Date posted 07/29/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
USA Job Family Description:
Identifies and pursues new sales prospects within existing or untapped markets. Gathers market intelligence, generates leads, and develops proposals/campaigns to garner new business, ensuring a consistent flow of new revenues to the company. Uses knowledge of markets, industries, and clients to determine demand, future trends and potential projects. Works pre-developed lead lists to generate business and identify new customer prospects.
USA Job Function Description:
Responsible for client relationships, including attracting and retaining new clients and strengthening current relationships. Activities include maximizing cross-sales opportunities through customer profiling with the ultimate goal of cultivating interest in other business banking products. Provides support to help clients coordinate solutions, manage accounts, obtain advice and administer services. Ensures customer questions and issues are answered correctly and efficiently by documenting and identifying trends in customer service needs. Resolves and oversees customer issues surrounding consulting, information, and software services, solutions and products. Makes presentations to potential clients and contributes to the achievement of sales targets.
Essential Functions/Responsibility Statements:
- Cross sells all bank products and direct the coordination of product partners in the attainment of business plans
- New England Coverage with an expected focus on CT, Western MA, RI, Southern MA
- Owns the relationship as primary point of contact
- Acts as primary contact for new business development which focuses on the acquisition of complex and profitable commercial customers
- Sources prospects and COI's
- Individual budget responsibility in alignment with Incentive Plan Goals
- Works in collaboration with credit professionals to produce written support of new or renewing credit exposure
- Represents Santander in civic and community functions
- Identifies, evaluates, structures and documents commercial credit transactions
- Drives revenue growth through self-sourced opportunities within the upper-end / more complex universe of commercial customers and prospects.
- Anticipates emerging customer trends as a basis for recommending products and services and expanding the business
- Solves unique problems with broad impact on the business segment and financials
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Business, Finance, Economics, or equivalent field. (Required)
- 5+ years of experience as a Relationship Manager in a lending, credit, Treasury Management, Private Wealth Management sales training or financial services position (Required)
- Demonstrated experience and success in meeting sales goals, managing client relationships and experience in credit, credit support or financial analysis
Skills and Abilities:
- Superior knowledge of commercial banking products and services (both credit and non-credit)
Proven ability to manage high-end Middle Market Clients
- Ability to work independently and leverage professional relationships within and outside the bank
Deep understanding of capital structures
- Deep product knowledge in all bank offerings
- Extensive knowledge of financial analysis, risk evaluation, loan documentation and commercial loan structures
- Full utilization of sales automation tools and related technologies
- Superior sales presentation, interpersonal, negotiation and written and verbal communication skills, evidenced both internally and externally
- Working knowledge of Capital Markets including Loan Syndications, Private Equity, Debt Capital Markets and non-bank loan alternatives.
- Persuasion, Diplomacy, Negotiation and closing skills
Diversity & EEO Statements:
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.English
Primary Location: Hartford, Connecticut, United States of America
Other Locations: Connecticut-Hartford,New Hampshire-Concord,Connecticut-Hartford,Massachusetts-Boston,Massachusetts-Boston,Rhode Island-Providence
Organization: Santander Bank N.A.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.