Sr. Director, Claims & Fraud OperationsApply Req ID: 2003683 Date posted 03/04/2021
As a member of the Technology & Operations organization you will be part of the team that serves the needs of Santander Bank, N.A., including products and services for personal, business and corporate customers. Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to teamwork, and we encourage collaboration and innovation to be a smart, customer-focused and solutions-oriented organization
- The Technology Team supports the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of all banking systems. This team has the expertise and commitment to develop high-quality solutions to meet the needs of a fast-paced and complex operating environment.
- The Operations Team supports the processing for all the bank’s transaction channels. Each day, this team excels when faced with opportunities and challenges to make a meaningful, error-free difference for our customers.
SummaryReporting directly to the Head of SBNA Operations, the Head of Fraud & Claims is responsible for overseeing efforts to detect, prevent and mitigate fraud risks and losses, maximize fraud loss recoveries, and manage the effective and timely resolution of disputed transactions. S/he develops policies and procedures, in relation to fraud risk mitigation programs, regulatory requirements, industry trends and best practices. In addition to Fraud Prevention, this role will also oversee the Fraud Contact Center, Sales Practice & Fraud Investigations, and Card Claims (debit and credit). S/He will partner with risk management teams, lines of business, and technology partners in building processes and tools to prevent the loss of fraud to the Bank and our customers, as well as to proactively decrease the overall fraud risk profile of the organization. S/He will create a road map and strategy for evolving the fraud program, fraud monitoring systems, reporting and approach. Actively develops team and team structure to maximize effectiveness, inclusive of driving close collaboration across the three lines of defense and with customer facing lines. Maintain external knowledge of regulatory and compliance expectations, industry trends, current banking information, and techniques related to management of fraud risk. Ensure compliance and satisfactory fraud internal audits and regulatory exams.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of strategies, systems and reporting to prevent and reduce fraud loss across all Consumer, Business Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking segments
- Identification, investigation and prosecution support of all fraudulent activities
- Create and execute a strategic roadmap inclusive of proven fraud risk management approaches and methodologies
- Owns regular reporting and review processes, conducting in-depth analytical projects to refine fraud decisioning waterfall
- Builds strong relationships with stakeholders across operations, collections, engineering and product among others to turn insights into action
- Builds and maintains a robust and effective control environment with a strong focus on regulatory compliance
- Provides leadership for front-line fraud managers and investigators to execute on near-term goals while moving towards a longer-term implementation of process efficiencies and quality control
- Frequent executive level presentations and interaction with regulators and C-level risk committees regarding performance, remediation and transformation activities.
As Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience, MBA preferred
- 10+ years' experience in fraud risk management and fraud risk analytics in the digital space
- Hands-on experience and familiarity in SQL, SAS, R, Python or other programming language to conduct analysis, preferred
- Ability to synthesize data into actionable strategies and tell the story
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, implement strategies, thought leadership to drive fraud risk analytics infrastructure
- Ability to analyze large sets of data to drive business decisions, policies, processes and strategy around risk mitigation
- Knowledge of back-end systems supporting payment transactions, servicing products and operations procedures
- Knowledge of the principles, processes, procedures and trends of fraud and fraud prevention
- Knowledge of FIS fraud products and service offerings
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations and laws regarding fraud-related issues
- Understands our risk systems and supports analysis that surfaces patterns, trends and bugs that help inform our fraud policies and processes while directly impacting the business
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Framingham
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.