Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If that sounds like you, it’s time to drop everything and start getting excited – because we’re waiting to welcome you to an awesome future. One where you’ll be able to give your entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can Santander.
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional Investment Options
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA, Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and short-term disability insurance coverage
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel Discounts
As a member of Santander’s retail banking division you’ll help serve Santander’s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
This senior role maintains oversight of Fraud Prevention Operations (ATM/debit/credit card fraud, wire/ACH fraud, check fraud, etc.) and Fraud Operations Business Solutions (team of business and data analysts that support Fraud Operations) and reports directly to the Head of Claims, Collections and Fraud operations for Santander Bank, N. A.
- Works closely with Fraud Risk partners to develop and deploy fraud prevention/mitigation strategies and policies, and manages all fraud prevention/detection solutions
- Identifies control improvements based on data analysis and industry best practices
- Possesses holistic understanding of emerging fraud trends and how they can effectively be addressed by the firm
- Works closely and coordinates with management for the Fraud Contact Center and the Fraud Investigations team
- Partners with AML and cybersecurity to share information and collaborate on addressing identified fraud risks
- Identifies and maintains optimal staffing levels to consistently meet established service levels. Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Works closely with product partners to identify new product fraud risks and develop/implement appropriate controls and safeguards to effectively mitigate risk
- Communicates regularly with peer banks and industry organizations to maintain awareness of industry risks and trends
- Drives transformation and continuous improvement in Fraud Operations through managing the book of work for the Fraud Operations Business Solutions Team
- Furnishes and delivers professional presentations at various forums and committees to multiple levels of leadership
- Active promotion of a risk management culture by encouraging team to embrace appropriate risk practices and supporting team members in fulfilling risk management responsibilities
- Adherence to the Code of Conduct, assigned Risk Tolerance or Mandates and all organizational policies and procedures applicable to role and appropriate action to ensure that assigned team adheres accordingly; and ,Build out daily/weekly/monthly MIS to capture the health and performance of both the overall business and the individual team members that compose it; furnish polished reporting packages and present at multiple standing forums
- Completion of all assigned training (Compliance, Bank Secrecy Act, Audit, Code of Conduct, etc.) and reporting requirements within set timeframes and appropriate action to ensure that team meets assigned requirements
- Contribution to satisfactory results in audit reviews, compliance reviews, and regulatory examinations (internal/external), Compliance and Regulatory Agency reviews.
- Personal or team response, to required corrective actions in a timely and complete manner
- Deliver solution recommendations for investment and furnish robust business cases supporting proposals; drive business cases through to fruition
- Drive continuous improvement through the pursuit and execution of process efficiencies and a stronger control environment
- Focus on the continuous development of team members; effectively motivate, cross train and communicate with staff to optimize productivity, build expertise, and minimize turnover
- Leverage comprehensive knowledge of the fraud space, project statuses, fraud prevention processes and procedures, and team performance to act as a subject matter expert in supporting the Head of Claims, Collections and Fraud operations, as well as collaborating with other groups within the bank (Audit, Risk, Compliance, Product, etc.)
- Drive project work and meet established service levels
- Oversee the creation and execution of detailed project plans, team member assignments, milestones, delivery dates and other aspects of projects within Fraud Operations
- Successfully create and manage the book of work for the Fraud Operations Business Solutions team
- Proactive review of external and internal environment and identification of issues or concerns related to potential gaps in existing processes, procedures, policies, frameworks, etc.
- Work with business partners to manage and resolve identified risks within the business
- 7+ years of leadership experience
- 10+ years banking experience – preferably in operations or risk 5+ years in a fraud prevention at a financial institution
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA) a plus
- Strong analytical and technical skills, financial acumen, ability to create business case/justification for initiatives or improvements, process improvement experience (six sigma or similar)
- Demonstrated ability to build strong collaborative business relationships; recognizes organizational limitations and uses corporate culture and resources to eliminate barriers when possible.
- Ability to interact skillfully with senior management and business partners. Liaison with Incident Management
- Strong people management; excellent team building and project management skills, including ability to motivate staff and manage with limited resources
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- High level of integrity and excellent judgment concerning sensitive matters
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to detect and report on fraud trends and to identify ways to improve fraud detection, prevention and avoidance
- Excellent communication, problem‐solving and decision-making skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization
- Project management experience.
- Experience with building out robust fraud and operational reporting for a business unit (individual scorecards, weekly dashboard, monthly performance package, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of relevant business regulations
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically moving through both fluidly, with agility and confidence to move through and with change
- Support strategic priorities and execute as a thought leader/resource for senior management
“At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply”
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Dorchester,Massachusetts-Boston,Rhode Island-East Providence,Massachusetts-Framingham
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.
Work in Town of Framingham
Check out where you could be working if you apply.About this location