Senior Associate, Business Management - Strategy - Domestic RemoteApply Req ID: Req0942702 Date posted 06/15/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Senior Associate, Business Management - Strategy conducts unprecedented or complex analyses and reporting in support of general business operations, special projects/initiatives, and/or strategic/operational planning activities. The incumbent consults with management and business partners on matters of significance regarding strategic approaches, effectiveness of support functions, and business performance improvement opportunities. This individual is often assigned as a project lead on business unit initiatives of strategic importance.
Job Function Description:
- Develops the company's long-range strategic plans and identifies organization strengths, weaknesses, and business opportunities.
- Will plan, develop, administer, and review the company or division strategy.
- Oversees the implementation of organization directives and policies and analyzes the company's economic, regulatory, market, and competitive environment by conducting internal technical and financial analyses.
- Responsible for the strategic planning process which includes analysis of business performance vs. peers, gathering and understanding industry-specific trends, and tracking peer company's performance (financial and competitive).
- Supports the executive leadership team on any strategic matters and interacts with other lines of business and corporate divisions to develop a deep understanding of critical issues and manage high-priority strategic initiatives.
Essential Functions/Responsibility Statements:
- Defines and develops analytical approaches to unprecedented and complex issues.
- Determines where measurement gaps exist and devise new metrics or reports to fill those gaps.
- Reviews operational data/metrics, analyzes and synthesizes the data, then compiles it into reports or presentations.
- Navigates the entire firm to effectively complete tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Work Experience: 9-12 years; Relevant business planning, project, and financial experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge in a wide variety of systems coordination, process/product review initiatives, and the development of management information requirements for related business functions
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of the immediate department
- Ability to determine and report priorities/metrics to senior management
- Ability to manage multiple small to medium-sized projects simultaneously
- Ability to research, analyze, document, and present organizational metrics that drive business decisions
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
This role is a domestic remote opportunity but the individual would occasionally need to report to Boston, MA.
Diversity & EEO Statements:
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasionally moving and lifting equipment and furniture are required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, and climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the job duties of the job.
- You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based on your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
- This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Boston,Ohio-Columbus,North Carolina-Raleigh,Maryland-Annapolis,Virginia-Richmond,New Hampshire-Concord,Texas-Austin,Vermont-Montpelier,New Jersey-Trenton,California-Sacramento,Arizona-Phoenix,New York-Albany,Colorado-Denver,Connecticut-Hartford,Massachusetts-Boston,Florida-Tallahassee,Delaware-Dover,Maine-Augusta,Pennsylvania-Harrisburg,Rhode Island-Providence
Organization: Santander Bank N.A.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.