Associate Director, Business Management-Consumer Business Banking, StrategyApply Req ID: Req0942928 Date posted 04/14/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Associate Director, Business Management acts as a business planning internal consultant for the organization to support the assessment and implementation of new strategic opportunities. The incumbent collaborates with senior leaders throughout the organization to reach consensus on the viability of new services and initiatives and the assumptions and projections contained in a business plan.
- Identifies opportunities for increased operational efficiency and effectiveness by assembling teams to generate ideas and analyze opportunities arising thereof through to implementation.
- Works closely with all lines of business in the development, design and implementation of management matrix for the organization.
- Monitors, analyzes and identifies opportunities that may significantly impact the Company and its business.
- Drives teamwork and partnership with various lines of business throughout the organization to ensure a smooth implementation of organizational changes.
- Conducts and supports appropriate data collection, market intelligence, and business analysis, and access internal and external subject matter expertise to drive business plan development.
- Aligns business planning, analysis, and forecasting with capital and operating budgets, plans, and processes.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations, safeguarding of assets, compliance with Company policies and procedures, reliability of internal and external reporting, and efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Develops professional and succinct financial projections
- Ensures consistency with departmental budget, goals, and programmatic initiatives.
- Advances business plans and makes recommendations to senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or relevant field (required)
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent field (preferred)
- 12-15 years relevant business planning, project and financial experience (required)
Skills & Abilities
- Strong overall business acumen, industry knowledge, and knowledge of broader Santander Organization
- Critical thinker with ability to apply business expertise and logic to multiple situations
- Excellent problem solver and decision maker with the ability to provide creative solutions to solve complex problems. Applies independent judgment to resolve difficult issues
- Demonstrated success supporting and facilitating senior leadership decision making and governance processes
- Ability to navigate through a complex, multi-level business environment to deliver results
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Excellent communication skills; strong consultative, listening and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to take a collaborative approach, practicing inquiry vs. advocacy
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills; strong presentation skills at multiple levels
- Proven track record of building and maintaining strong relationships
- May frequently require minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Primary Location: Sacramento, California, United States of America
Other Locations: California-Sacramento,Pennsylvania-Tamaqua
Organization: Santander Bank N.A.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.