Sr. Specialist, Commercial Loan DocumentationApply Req ID: 2003284 Date posted 10/09/2020
Sr. Specialist, Commercial Loan Documentation-2003284
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government. Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
SummaryThe primary function of the Sr. Specialist, Commercial & Wholesale Operations is to perform quality control reviews for Small Business Banking legal loan documentation, assist in preparing legal closing documentation which include new loans (including SBA) and commercial cards for the defined lines of business, executing related controls, utilizing the systems and processes defined by management. The incumbent handles analytical components (i.e. interpreting credit agreements) related to various loan structures, policy and compliance requirements as well as ongoing/ad-hoc reconciliation and remediation, for commercial loan products, which include new loans, modifications and extensions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates and analyzes Quality Control error reports
- Performs work distribution to the team of Documentation Specialists
- Ensures the accuracy of all legal documentation that they meet all regulatory and policy requirements
- Identifies and resolves problems within established guidelines
- Participates in writing procedures/job aides and expediting workflow
- Participates in establishing specific goals for the department.
- Provides guidance and training to the team of Documentation Specialists
- Provides back up to the Department Manager
- Researches and responds to incoming commercial loan requests received from business areas supported by the department
This position can operate 100% remotely, so long as you reside near a Santander corporate office.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or equivalent field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Commercial/Small Business Loan documentation
- Experience with LaserPro/LawyerPro and editing Word templates
- Subject matter expert in loan closing documentation for the business banking and/or commercial banking segment
- Basic knowledge of Government SBA 7A and express documentation requirements
- Solid knowledge/skills of Microsoft Office Suite and various bank systems, especially Word
- Ability to initiate and interact with internal legal counsel and internal service partners
- Ability to adapt quickly and be a team player
- Leadership skills with a strong ability to work independently and make reliable judgements based on defined policies and practices
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of banking products and the ability to apply that information to this role
- Expert knowledge of overall lending policies and procedures, loan structures, borrowing entity structures, reporting requirements and covenants, due diligence for lien perfection, etc.
- Excellent communication, customer service, organizational and attention to detail skills
- Strong knowledge of Commercial Loan products and markets
- Working knowledge in Commercial Banking