Specialist, Collections OperationsApply Req ID: 2105214 Date posted 10/13/2021
The Specialist, Collections Operations provides daily support to collection department including, but not limited to: distribution of internal mail, processing logging and tracking of payments received internally submission and processing of requests for research documentation to be delivered internally or externally.
- Communicates with other departments regarding special circumstances on customer accounts.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
- Sets up arrangements for repayment on past due accounts.
- Takes inbound calls, make outbound calls, or communicate via email to customers.
- Updates customer information on accounts.
- Works customer collection issues.
- At least 12-18 months Collections or customer service experience with bank products
PC/ Microsoft Office and predictive dialing experience
Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Effective communication skills; ability to negotiate to meet objectives
Effective negotiation skills and effective follow-up with customers to ensure adherence to repayment terms
Knowledge of all applicable collection laws including FDCPA and GLB
Thorough knowledge of overdraft, credit card, and consumer loan portfolios
Ability to assist in collection efforts on mortgage portfolio
Working knowledge of Repayment Plans, GSE requirements, as well as all applicable state regulations
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location: Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
Other Locations: Pennsylvania-Reading
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.