Associate, Business Control & Risk ManagementApply Req ID: 2100357 Date posted 03/03/2021
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government.
Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
The Associate, Compliance is primarily responsible for ensuring the company complies with regulatory requirements and internal policy and procedures. S/he undertakes standard reviews and escalates to senior staff where non-compliances are identified.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements, and industry practices for compliance requirements, and implements procedures to meet these requirements for applicable business units.
- Assesses procedures and policies to ensure the business units are in compliance with standard regulatory and policy requirements.
- Collaborates with team on projects and program tasks intended to improve compliance and enhance the control environment.
- Evaluates controls in place to ensure continuous compliance measures with laws, regulations and policies affecting the organization, recommends process improvements to management.
- Identifies systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements needed to ensure compliance.
- Prepares drafting of policy and procedural documentation when control changes are made.
- Undertakes standard reviews and escalates to senior staff where non-compliances are identified.
- Validates controls or project plans to ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other team members.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree; Business, Finance or equivalent field.
- 5-9 years; Compliance, Legal, Regulatory, or Financial Services.
- Ability to effectively deal with senior management as well as, Federal/ State and other Regulators.
- Ability to influence others, including senior leadership.
- Ability to quickly respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies, internal partners, and external consultants.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret government regulations, trade journals and legal documents.
- Ability to resolve complex situations with internal clients and regulators, while maintaining a professional presence.
- Ability to work cross-functionally as a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Practical knowledge of corporate regulatory requirements, and factors influencing the business in which the Corporation operates.
- Practical knowledge of key business control areas (Audit & Risk Review, Risk Management, Finance, Human Resources, and Legal) and governmental regulatory agencies.
Primary Location: Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Other Locations: Rhode Island-Providence
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.