Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If that sounds like you, it’s time to drop everything and start getting excited – because we’re waiting to welcome you to an awesome future. One where you’ll be able to give your entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can Santander.
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional Investment Options
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA, Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and short-term disability insurance coverage
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel Discounts
Santander is one of the largest banks in the world, and one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With a principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division serves nearly 2 million customers and more than 5% of small businesses in the US.
The Senior Specialist, Universal Banking Operations performs the operations and service functions of the branch, including adherence to all security, reconciliation, monitoring and balancing policies and procedures. In addition, s/he identifies customer needs and refers financial products and services. The incumbent plays a vital role in delivering a quality customer experience, by working directly with the branch sales team to create an environment that demonstrates core behaviors that enhance and grow the branch. S/he specializes in our branch customer experience through lobby management, transactions, and servicing for retail and business customers.
- Adheres to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies
- Completes branch currency ordering, and maintain negotiable inventory
- Effectively uses available resources for problem resolution, which may involve analysis of information received from Loan Processing, Deposit Operations, ATM, Reconcilement, Loss Management or Financial Intelligence Unit or other internal Santander departments
- Functions as the ATM Custodian, to include balancing
- Functions as the Vault Custodian
- Markets a full range of consumer and small business banking services to existing and potential customers through proactive techniques such as lobby leadership, outbound telemarketing calls, marketing campaigns, or in banking center events
- Participates in telemarketing and other banking center calling and marketing initiatives
- Performs sporadic cash counts for ATM and Service Associates
- Provides a variety of transactions for customers, including typical consumer transactions i.e., cashes checks and processes checking and savings account withdrawals and balancing duties, etc. while seeking opportunities
- to develop customer relationships and identify sales opportunities; utilizes basic sales techniques to deepen existing customer/prospect relationships
- Researches and resolves account problems in conjunction with branch management
- Utilizes sales techniques to uncover customer needs and match to the organization's products and services; sells a full range of consumer and business products/services such as deposit accounts, loans, credit cards, and safe deposit boxes to meet or exceed established sales goals to support overall sales objectives
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years; Experience in customer service, sales, call center and/or cash-handling along with branch operations experience
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Ability to interact with customers, partners, vendors and team members in a professional and personable manner
- Ability to maintain and balance a cash drawer
- Ability, motivation and preference to succeed in a goal-driven environment
- Basic knowledge of small business, mortgages, and lending services a plus
- Basic understanding of personal finances and concept of budgeting
- Comfortable making outreach calls to consumer or business customers and/or prospect
- Comfortable with technology & i.e. smartphones, iPads, online banking, remote deposit capture, ATM deposits, etc.
- Decision-maker with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and ability to follow established policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Passion for customer service and helping people
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated aptitude and desire for sales achievement
- Strong commitment to personal growth, learning and success
- Superior customer relationship building skills
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking
- Addresses customer’s requests, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately
- Makes extra effort to satisfy customer’s needs and meet commitments
- Assesses problem situations and initiates effective interventions that result in customer satisfaction
- Takes time to develop and maintain relationships with customers
- Builds and maintains one’s network of contacts and resources and knows who to involve in problem resolution
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members
- Follows through to meet commitments to others
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands
- Understands rationale for change and adjusts schedules and tasks to make things work
- Anticipates and plans for changes in work schedules and assignments
- Understands the relevant products and services and the markets in which they are sold and their risk return to the organization
- Can identify and speak to major operational issues across the organization
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Other Locations: Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.
Work in Philadelphia
Check out where you could be working if you apply.About this location