Non-Profit Commercial Banking Relationship ManagerApply Req ID: 2101397 Date posted 03/29/2021
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government. Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
The Not-For-Profit group is focused on delivering the bank’s value proposition to companies engaged in Not-for-Profit, Educational and Government activities. The Commercial Relationship Manager will be responsible for the sales, service, and retention of complex and profitable Commercial relationships with companies within these specialized industries. Incumbents are responsible for new business development, portfolio management, credit quality, and overall relationship management of an assigned portfolio of commercial customers. You will work independently to manage and develop complex commercial accounts that meet the bank's lending requirements and maximize profitability while minimizing risk. This role acts in a trusted advisor role to companies generating ideas, advice and solutions, usually to the larger companies in the assigned territory.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies business needs and corresponding sales opportunities and actively promotes ways to increase customer reliance on Company products and services, capitalizing on the unique and comprehensive capabilities of the Company.
- Manages existing portfolio and stays informed on their condition is aware of developing trends in the market which may impact credit quality
- Serves as primary contact with assigned prospective and current customers for all of the financial, banking, and investment counseling needs
- Collaborates in write up of all Credit Requests, variances and other correspondence related to the relationship
- Presents credits at loan committee
- Participates in analysis of pertinent credit information and/or credit checks
- Prepares quarterly loan reports on existing portfolio
- Visits applicants at their place of business to verify and better assess their current situation and future needs
- Works with loan administration in the review and negotiation of loan documents
- Assists in obtaining financial statements, tax returns, and other credit information and maintaining individual credit files for all existing customers
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our work force and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience - Business, Finance, Economics, or equivalent field
Extensive background (9+ years) prospecting and relationship managing commercial/corporate clients in one or more of the following industries: Not-for-Profit, Government and/or Education is mandatory
Experience in commercial credit, analysis and business development
Ability to prospect and network at various levels within a company
Demonstrates ability to be self-starter and show initiative
Demonstrates ability to manage time effectively to balance new & existing relationships to meet goals
Demonstrates excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
Demonstrates knowledge of bank products, services, and bank operations
Demonstrates proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Demonstrates thorough understanding of credit underwriting
Expertise in Commercial Loan structure and documentation
Strong comfort and familiarity with use and application of commercial lending principles
Strong knowledge of Commercial Line of Business
Primary Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Other Locations: New York-New York,New Jersey-Florham Park,Pennsylvania-Villanova,Massachusetts-Boston,Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.