Associate, Commercial Field ExaminationApply Req ID: 2103248 Date posted 07/06/2021
The Associate, Commercial Field Examination position leverages their subject matter expertise in second line defense to improve existing processes and practices. S/he leads special risk mitigation projects and/or programs, business continuity and other incident response and security related activities supporting industry best practices, improved efficiency, effectiveness and risk reductions.
- Complete detailed review reports of field examinations and workpapers, including recommendations for advance rates and eligibility, while also identifying potential risks to the Bank’s security position. Ensure adherence to the Bank’s procedures, processes, policies and standards.
- Effectively communicate with agent banks to review submitted field exams, and with 3rd party providers of field examinations, to ensure compliance with all Bank requirements. Effectively communicate internally to ensure issues are properly addressed with Bank management, including any waivers or other approvals as may be required prior to final report issuance.
- Oversee and manage field examination frequency level and other processes to adhere to Bank requirements.
- Review and approval of vendor invoices relating to field examination as well as billing of internal examiners and monitoring to budget. Preparation of month end statistics and reporting results to management. Participation in Bank’s vendor management process as required.
- Builds positive relationships with executives, managers and teams, while developing an understanding of the business and strategic initiatives
- Coaches, reviews and delegates work to junior level professionals
- Enhances governance processes in support of infrastructure builds and oversee strategic compliance / business solutions
- Identifies enterprise trends, synergies, and opportunities for change
- Influences others at an operational level regarding new concepts, best practices and approaches related to risk mitigation, risk identification and resolution, and/or risk management
- Initiates change, integration, operationalization of new events
- Leads special risk mitigation projects and/or programs, business continuity and other incident response and security related activities
- Leverages subject matter expertise in second line to significantly improve existing processes and practices
- Maintains a strong rapport with local risk teams to create a strong risk culture of performance and accountability
- Oversees and ensures consistent quality control, accuracy, and compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements for reporting processes., Represents organization as a primary contact for specific risk management projects and initiatives
- Serves as a liaison between first and third lines of defense
- Systematizes ad hoc reporting for line of businesses and team members to facilitate miscellaneous senior and executive management reporting and status updates as needed
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other team members.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree: Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field required
- Master's Degree: Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field or equivalent work experience preferred
- 5 + years of Field Examination and review experience
- 5-9 years; Financial Services industry., 5-9 years; Risk, Commercial Operations, Internal Controls, or related experience
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances
- Ability to analyze risk and design efficient control practices to minimize risk
- Ability to lead, influence and direct peers, subordinates and management
- Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts, including global business and regulatory matters
- Advanced knowledge in regulatory reporting and compliances
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in second line identification and resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with senior leaders across departments
- Expertise in delivering high quality work products, reflecting attention to detail and analytical prowess
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding
- Superior project management skills
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking
- Brings out the best in each team member by consistently motivating and acknowledging peer contributions
- Understands and leverages team dynamics
- Effectively conveys difficult or complex information in an easy to understand manner, by providing the big picture and illustrating important linkages Asks open-ended questions that encourage others to give their points of view
- Ensures people receive the information they require, and brings the team together to share information
- Ensures that all directs and colleagues have appropriate knowledge of risk and the regulatory environment
- Investigates and identifies the root cause and corrects items deemed non-compliant, regardless of pressures from business or management
- Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of projects, processes, products and services
- Remains calm and focused on goals while facing pressures, obstacles or short-term setbacks
- Improves relationships between key individuals to achieve seamless cross-team workflow and positively impact results
- Uses informal networks to gain support for ideas and projects
- Keeps up -to-date with external market events, pressures and regulations which may impact the organization and assesses whether similar issues exist in the organization
- Can identify functional and organizational implications associated with major trends
- Designs solutions to address industry activities that impact the organization
- Monitors adherence to policies, regulations, processes and procedures within function and actively undertakes corrective action where necessary
- Understands end to end processes across the organization and how processes are integrated
- Has a practical knowledge of regulations impacting area supported
Primary Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Worcester,New York-New York,New Jersey-Florham Park,Massachusetts-Boston,Massachusetts-Framingham,Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.