Sr. Specialist, Relationship Banker, Pawtucket , RIApply Req ID: Req0994209 Date posted 08/04/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Santander is one of the largest banks in the world, and one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With a principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division serves nearly 2 million customers and more than 5% of small businesses in the US.
Being a Relationship Banker at Santander
As a Relationship Banker you will be responsible for servicing and building relationships with branch Consumer and Business customers. You will deliver an exceptional customer experience through engagement of customers in the branch, over the phone, and through collaboration with business partners.
What to Expect
- Put the customer at the center of everything you do. Make connections with customers in the branch and over the phone.
- Engage Consumer and Business customers through proactive, outbound calling for both service and relationship deepening opportunities.
- Assess customer needs by being genuinely curious, asking questions, and identify opportunities to help achieve their financial goals today and in the future.
- Be the expert on Santander Consumer and Business products and services and be able to articulate the benefits that will help customers based on their need.
- Recommend the best solutions based on need; deliver solutions directly as well as introduce Investment and Mortgage partners, when appropriate.
- Build trust and deliver solutions by setting expectations and meeting commitments.
- Develop relationships with new and existing Consumer and Business customers by maintaining contact through early engagement calls and regular outreach with portfolio customers.
- Deliver an outstanding customer experience in every interaction. Ensure timely follow up and escalate when appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with all bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- May assist customers with teller transactions as needed.
- 4 year college degree (preferred)
- 2 or more years of personal banking experience (strongly preferred)
- Motivated to help people achieve financial goals
- Passion and personal commitment to proactively help customers
- Exceptional listening and communication skills in person and over the phone
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, building strong relationships with colleagues and business partners
- Ability to use critical thinking to solve problems and provide solutions to customer issues
- Demonstrated proficiency using the phone to engage with customers
- Basic computer skills
Hours and Schedule
- 40 hours per week
- Schedule varies depending on branch need and may include Saturdays and/or Sundays
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights: This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Primary Location: Pawtucket, Rhode Island, United States of America
Other Locations: Rhode Island-Pawtucket
Organization: Santander Bank N.A.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.