Senior Representative CollectionsApply Req ID: ofsKcfwn Date posted 05/22/2020
With over 3.1 million customers and $60 billion in managed assets, Santander Consumer USA (NYSE: SC) is a full-service, technology-driven consumer finance company focused on vehicle finance and third-party servicing. Additionally, operating as Chrysler Capital we provide full-spectrum automotive finance for Chrysler Group dealers; direct-to-consumer lending solutions; plus fleet, lease, floorplan and business lending solutions. We are committed to providing excellent service to our customers, our people and our community by placing our Simple, Personal, and Fair values at the center of everything we do. For more information visit http://www.santanderconsumerusa.com
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage which you are eligible for on your date of hire. We also offer a minimum of 18 days of PTO, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) with immediate company match of 6% and volunteer PTO time.
We are currently seeking Sr. Representatives for our Auto Loan & Lease Collections department. Responsibilities include partnering and collaborating with mid and late stage delinquent consumer borrowers and arranging payment plans to correct delinquent loan situations as they arise, and ensuring that payments are received in a timely manner to minimize losses.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Initiates contact with customers or agencies in an effort to negotiate recovery of collateralized or non-collateralized balances. Independently evaluates each loan and determine the best course of action for the customer in resolving the delinquency permanently.
- Independently negotiates with the customer on repayment schedules and write- offs.
- Ensures accounts in the specialists queues are worked daily.
- Successfully utilizes all collection tools provided by management to make the best business decision for Santander Consumer USA Inc. and the customer.
- Collects delinquent consumer accounts in accordance with collection policies maintaining compliance with state and federal Fair Debt Collections Practices.
- Maintains current knowledge of regulations, industry trends, and economic conditions that may affect the collections function.
- Makes effective use of Prime Time calling periods.
- Ensures that payment arrangements are negotiated to be received in a timely manner to minimize losses.
- Meets monthly standards and expectations for potential losses, delinquency, charge-offs, and clearing ratios
- Partners and collaborates with delinquent consumer borrowers, arranges payment plans to correct delinquent loan situations as they arise.
- Performs additional duties as requested, needed, or assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1+ years Collections experience.
- Broad knowledge of collection policies and procedures and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Broad understanding of the collections practices and procedures.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and acceptance of change in a dynamic financial environment.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Accurate data entry, typing and ten-key skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain poise under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong negotiation skills.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.