Collections RepresentativeApply Req ID: ocsKcfwk Date posted 05/22/2020
With over 3.1 million customers and $60 billion in managed assets, Santander Consumer USA (NYSE: SC) is a full-service, technology-driven consumer finance company focused on vehicle finance and third-party servicing. Additionally, operating as Chrysler Capital we provide full-spectrum automotive finance for Chrysler Group dealers; direct-to-consumer lending solutions; plus fleet, lease, floorplan and business lending solutions. We are committed to providing excellent service to our customers, our people and our community by placing our Simple, Personal, and Fair values at the center of everything we do. Founded in 1995, SC is headquartered in Dallas, TX and currently has over 6,000 Associates across various locations. For more information visit http://www.santanderconsumerusa.com
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage which you are eligible for on your date of hire. We also offer a minimum of 18 days of PTO, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) with company match of 6% and volunteer PTO time.
The Representative, Collections is responsible for daily collection calls on early stage consumer debts and updating collections system account entries. The incumbents assists in identifying the reason for customer inquiry and/or delinquency and assists the customer in resolving the problem permanently, to avoid any further delinquencies and minimize loss to the Company.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Daily collection calls on early stage consumer debts and updating collections system account entries.
- Collects delinquent installment and revolving loans by contacting borrowers by telephone or correspondence to obtain payment, performing proper documentation.
- Educates the customer about the terms of the contract.
- Seeks to identify the reason for customer inquiry and/or delinquency and assists the customer in resolving the problem permanently.
- Meets assigned standards and expectations as required.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Collects in accordance with all state and federal laws inclusive of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Maintains current knowledge of regulations, industry trends, and economic conditions that may affect the collections function.
- Assists with special projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Collections experience preferred, but not required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to initiate collections process and communicate in an assertive, compassionate, respectful, and successful manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a basic working knowledge of regulations and collection policies and procedures.
- Proficient organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to understand collection laws.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word skills and Excel, Internet, familiarity with collections software and programs
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain poise under pressure.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.