VP, Credit Risk Management-TMTApply Req ID: 2001305 Date posted 03/25/2020
Responsible for proactive management of a portfolio of accounts in the Telecom Media and Technology (TMT) Sector with special focus on Technology clients. Be comfortable applying Bank’s Credit policies and framework in support of risk management and business development. Build strong relationships throughout the Bank including with Credit, Relationship, Product, and Legal Partners. Provide leadership, supervision, direction and guidance to junior analysts. Provide expertise in underwriting, structuring, servicing and documenting new and renewal credits. In addition, s/he is responsible for identifying, gathering and analyzing relevant information to assess credit risk, establish viability of sources of repayment and determine appropriate loan structures. Act as lead underwriter in collaboration with bankers in preparing credit approval memos with recommendations consistent with bank policy that illustrate well-reasoned analysis. The candidate performs reviews and supports management of the assigned portfolio to identify and minimize risk to the organization. Provide quality customer service, including participation in joint calls on customers, as needed. Support TMT Team Leader on special projects.
- Responsible for proactive management of a portfolio of accounts.
- Responsible for the quality, integrity and soundness of all financial analysis and underwriting, and proposing appropriate risk rating in accordance with the Bank’s credit policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for making recommendations on renewals, modifications, and new transactions ensuring quality and soundness of all credit transactions.
- Maintain credit files in accordance with policy.
- Manage credit approval process. Prepare presentations for credit committees. Respond to questions as they arise.
- Manage exposure within limits, help ensure data integrity in the Bank’s systems.
- Work strategically with Relationship Bankers to achieve business objectives including due diligence/evaluation of prospects.
- Have thorough knowledge of Credit Policies and Procedures and ensure adherence to them.
- Ensure regulatory and legal compliance.
- Monitor quarterly financial results and compliance with covenants.
- Closely monitor deteriorating situations and escalate to management in a timely fashion.
- Closely monitor industry developments, update management as necessary, propose rating changes to appropriately reflect changing business conditions.
- Train and coach junior staff providing guidance, direction and mentoring.
- Support TMT Team Leader on special projects.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience.
- 10 years’ experience.
Specialized Knowledge/Technical Skills:
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Thorough knowledge of financial statements, accounting principles, applicable laws and industry data sources.
- Thorough understanding of legal documentation of credit transactions.
- Knowledge of complex credit transactions.
- Completion of a formal credit training program.
- Demonstrated track record of managing transactions, leading individual contributors, interacting with Executive level management and working within a team environment to manage, monitor and grow portfolio.
- Ability to work well with others at all levels of the organization to obtain cooperation and to foster a business environment that is based upon mutual respect and teamwork.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of Credit Policies, procedures, regulations and applicable law.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software package, Word, Powerpoint, Excel & Outlook.