Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If that sounds like you, it’s time to drop everything and start getting excited – because we’re waiting to welcome you to an awesome future. One where you’ll be able to give your entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can Santander.
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional Investment Options
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA, Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and short-term disability insurance coverage
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel Discounts
As a member of Santander’s retail banking division you’ll help serve Santander’s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Sr. Associate, Claims & Fraud Operations performs fraud support processing, and handles calls with cardholders and/or financial institutions regarding potential fraud. Questions and issues are predominantly routine, however, the Sr. Associate must be able to deviate from standard scripts and procedures as needed. The incumbent is highly-skilled with extensive proficiency and handles situations which may require adaptation of response or extensive research. S/he plays a lead role in escalations and resolves escalated fraud-related issues within the department, and for internal and external clients. Coaches and shares information with professionals with less experience and/or expertise. Additionally, the Sr. Associate, Fraud & Claims Operations creates procedures for risk support processes.
- Assists in obtaining documents and other information related to investigations and cases
- Conducts in- house, telephone and database research
- Conducts research and analysis, prepares management reports and make recommendations to senior officers
- Interviews alleged suspects and victims of fraud
- Investigate scammers, scrapers and fraud cases and while recognizing fraudulent/suspicious trends
- Investigates complex situations and potential fraud
- Makes Sound decisions to restrict or close risky relationships
- Monitors returned share drafts for suspicious activity and report to assigned government agencies
- Networks and communicates with local and national fraud analysts form other financial institutions and law enforcement
- Performs research to locate potential witnesses., Records fraud related communications from our credit and debit card vendors
- Reports to management and employees industry trends in fraud and recovery
- Reviews accounts referred from all areas of the organization for suspicious activity
- Reviews applications for the issuance of credit, credit reports, and other reports related to deposit histories and ATM activity
- Reviews reports listing accounts with suspicious activity and Red Flags
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience of 9-12 years; Banking experience preferably in operations and/or fraud prevention.
Possesses advanced problem solving skills
Brings out the best in each team member by consistently motivating and acknowledging peer contributions Understands and leverages team dynamics
Effectively conveys difficult or complex information in an easy to understand manner, by providing the big picture and illustrating important linkages Asks open-ended questions that encourage others to give their points of view
Ensures required resources and skills are in place to maintain smooth day-to-day operations and tackle arising problems
Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of projects, processes, products and services Remains calm and focused on goals while facing pressures, obstacles or short-term setbacks
Keeps up -to-date with external market events, pressures and regulations which may impact the organization and assesses whether similar issues exist in the organization
Can identify functional and organizational implications associated with major trends
Designs solutions to address industry activities that impact the organization
Monitors adherence to policies, regulations, processes and procedures within function and actively undertakes corrective action where necessary
Understands end to end processes across the organization and how processes are integrated Has a practical knowledge of regulations impacting area supported
Reformulates the problem in different ways to evaluate it from different angles
Takes responsibility for and deals effectively with complex and sensitive customer issues and complaints Anticipates customer needs and proactively makes recommendations
Primary Location: New York, New York, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Dorchester,Massachusetts-Framingham,Pennsylvania-Villanova,-,New York-New York
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.
Work in New York
Check out where you could be working if you apply.About this location