Real Estate Capital InternApply Req ID: Req1003143 Date posted 08/29/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Summary of Responsibilities:
The intern for this team will provide support to Santander Real Estate Capital (“SREC”)’s Underwriting and Portfolio Management teams. SREC focuses on fixed rate commercial mortgages on multifamily properties through the United States. On the Underwriting side, the intern will assist with sizing property cashflows, credit memos, and rate lock approvals. On the Portfolio Management side, the intern will assist with monitoring existing mortgages and writing credit memos to monitor asset performance.
This 2023 Summer Internship is for undergraduate students who have an anticipated graduation date between December 2023 and May 2024.
This internship position is located in New York, NY. Before applying, please keep in mind that our internship program does not offer any relocation assistance.
To learn more about our summer internship program and the activities included, please visit https://www.santandercareers.com/students.
- Support gathering and reviewing client financial statements and covenant compliance
- Assist in the completion of asset reviews
- Project site visits
- Support for the analysis and drafting of new loan proposal memos
- Create an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion where all perspectives are valued, and all people are welcomed.
- Currently an undergraduate student at University or College
- Expected to graduate between December 2023 – May 2024
- Cumulative GPA or 3.0 or above
- Preferably majoring in Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with financial statements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with little supervision
- Ability to work well with others and on teams
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates strong judgement
- Some understanding and knowledge of Federal banking regulations
- Ability to work in an environment that supports employees from all backgrounds and fosters an environment of inclusion
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the internship as dictated by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role
Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occassional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights:This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Primary Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Other Locations: New York-New York
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.