Global Debt Financing AnalystApply Req ID: Req0978427 Date posted 07/01/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Global Debt Financing Analyst (Product Specialist - IC6) will be responsible for assisting in the origination, structuring, execution and distribution of debt financing transactions for US and Latin American global corporate clients of Santander’s Corporate & Investment Banking division. The Analyst will work on a rotational basis across different products within the Bank’s Global Debt Financing group, including Debt Capital Markets, Syndicated Loans & Acquisition Finance, Leveraged Finance, Debt Advisory and Private Debt Mobilization.
- Assists in the origination, structuring, execution and distribution of debt financing transactions, including preparing and reviewing deal documentation, performing transaction due diligence and return analysis, assisting in the preparation of risk approval submissions, and working with various departments within the Bank to ensure proper processing of deals through closing
- Prepares client pitch books and proposals, marketing materials for distribution and management internal presentations
- Supports in the preparation and distribution of market commentary and economic updates to clients and internal teams
- Creates and maintains database of comparable transactions
- Researches and analyzes clients’ financial profile and market dynamics to assist in the identification of potential opportunities, including for event-driven transactions
- Independently builds and understands complex company financial models to analyze performance and credit trends supporting advisory and capital raise transactions
- Assists in the maintenance of accurate deal pipeline reporting and the ongoing monitoring of portfolio and budget tracking
- Liaise with market participants and different areas of the Bank, such as Corporate Banking, Risk, Legal, and Operations
- Ensures compliance with all policy, legal and federal regulations
- Bachelor's Degree, with emphasis on corporate finance, financial accounting, economics, or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of relevant professional experience in the job offered or closely related banking role, with comprehensive knowledge of the credit markets
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with ability to understand and analyze deal structures and documentation, and knowledge of financial modelling
- Resourceful self-starter, with willingness to learn, superior attention to detail, professional demeanor, and ability to work effectively on multiple projects
- Teamwork attitude, with ability to interact and build healthy working relations in a fast-paced, culturally diverse environment
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Capital IQ, Bloomberg
- Bilingual Portuguese and/or Spanish speaking preferred, but not necessary
- FINRA Series 79 and 63 licenses required (can be obtained on the job in accordance with Bank’s policies)
For NYC Job Applicants: The base annual salary range for this position is $85,500-$110,000.The exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, training, licensure and certifications and location.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights: This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Primary Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Other Locations: New York-New York
Organization: Banco Santander S.A.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.