Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If that sounds like you, it’s time to drop everything and start getting excited – because we’re waiting to welcome you to an awesome future. One where you’ll be able to give your entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can Santander.
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional Investment Options
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA, Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and short-term disability insurance coverage
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel Discounts
Santander is one of the largest banks in the world, and one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With a principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division serves nearly 2 million customers and more than 5% of small businesses in the US.
Our Tellers processes face-to-face Customer transactions for a variety of routine financial transactions.
- Adheres to safe deposit box procedures/ operations and guidelines
- Assists in exceeding service goals by minimizing Customer wait times and accurately and efficiently processing Customer transactions
- Educates and engages Customers in conversations regarding their current and future financial needs and educates Customers about Bank products and services
- Provides exceptional Customer service by meeting all Customer demands as they relate to relatively straightforward inquiries, with the support of more experienced personnel
- Recognizes sales opportunities and cross-sells bank products by making quality referrals, meeting all assigned teller goals
- Validates transactions for system or operational changes to ensure operational integrity and compliance to all required regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 0-3 years; Cash Handling experience in a Retail or Banking environment
- Ability to adhere to policies, procedures, and instructions of management
- Ability to effectively ask questions and identify needs to enhance the customer relationship
- Detail oriented with the ability to function in a fast-paced and changing environment
- General Math skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking
- Actively seeks information to understand customer needs
- Communicates clearly and precisely
- Listens carefully and asks questions to clarify understanding
- Displays a can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Proactively clarifies one’s tasks and responsibilities
- Has basic understanding of organization’s flagship products and services
- Can identify the risk return of products and services
- Learns about and diligently follows established risk management policies, processes and procedures
- Learns new methods and procedures or modifies them to meet new standards Is positive about new approaches and methods resulting from change
- Works effectively in team settings
- Shows appreciation for others' help and lends a hand when needed to complete shared tasks
- This is a Full Time position and the hours per week will generally be between 30 and 40 hours per week. The Recruiter for this position will be able to discuss the specifics of the schedule requirements and hours for this position. This is a non-exempt position eligible for overtime compensation calculated at 1.5 times your regular rate of pay for any hours worked over 40 hours per week, subject to all Santander policies and approvals regarding overtime
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location: null, New York, United States
Other Locations: New York-
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.
Work in New York
Check out where you could be working if you apply.About this location