Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) Commercial Wholesale Pre-Post Trade Summer AnalystApply Req ID: Req1199327 Date posted 08/16/2023
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
During our 10-week summer internship program, beginning in June 2024, you will gain technical and problem-solving skills which will enable you to build your career with Santander through on the job technical training, business overviews, professional development training and networking.
This 2024 Summer Internship is for undergraduate students who have an anticipated graduation date between December 2024 and May 2025.
Santander’s Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) Commercial Wholesale Pre-Post Trade Summer Analyst will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the Company’s trading business under the following booking entities: Banco Santander S.A. NY Branch, Santander US Capital Markets and Santander Bank N.A. The Company’s product types will be FX, Derivatives, Fixed-Income, Cash & Equity, Repo and Securities Lending, Commercial Loans, Letter of Credit, Collateral and Cash Management
Furthermore, we are looking for a candidate who is responsible of and accountable for supporting and protecting CIB business activity by conducting end-to-end processes and controls throughout the whole Operations value chain including Middle Office and/or a Back Office position while ensuring i) delivering superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology to enhance financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk ii) build scalable solutions to support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution iii) analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery to either internal or external parties iv) evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements v) researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the Company.
The application deadline for this position is Sunday, January 7, 2024.
This internship position is located in New York, NY. Before applying, please keep in mind that our internship program does not offer any relocation assistance. To learn more about our summer internship program and the activities included, please visit https://www.santandercareers.com/students
- Supports day-to-day operational need for the different business units of CIB US
- Serves as a control entity across the front-to-back business flows
- Performs the booking of transactions, static data setup and maintenance, GL balancing, and quality review
- Validates and confirms trade details and associated information
- Liaisons to internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Researches and facilitates resolution of all trading issues and breaks
- Researches and responds to incoming requests received from business areas supported by the department.
- Produces reports and communications
- Manages relationships with external counterparties
- Ensures proper documentation is filed appropriately and is available for internal and external audits
- Identifies and resolves problems within established guidelines
- Our interns should actively support our Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion strategy which supports employees from every background and fosters an environment where colleagues feel welcomed, valued, listened to and able to contribute to and grow at our company. We believe that a diverse and inclusive environment helps create prosperity for employees, helps us serve our diverse clients, and contribute positively to our communities.
We have a very strong interest to grow from within and therefore we make it our mission to focus on attracting and retaining junior talent. Our program is designed to get you on the right path to the next level. We have a strong global SCIB footprint which fosters an environment in which we promote internal mobility both locally and globally.
Our interns should actively support our Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion strategy which supports employees from every background and fosters an environment where colleagues feel welcomed, valued, listened to and able to contribute to and grow at our company. We believe that a diverse and inclusive environment helps create prosperity for employees, helps us serve our diverse clients, and contribute positively to our communities.
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs
- An undergraduate student with an expected graduation date between December 2024 and May 2025
- Cumulative GPA is 3.25 or above
- Highly motivated and results oriented with a desire to exceed expectations
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and courage in their leadership style
- Crisp communication skills with the ability to express facts and ideas clearly both verbally and in writing, interacting professionally, transparently, and effectively with people at all levels
- Strong critical thinking with the ability to develop solutions to complex challenges
- Ability to multi-task as required
- Ability to work independently on special projects
- Create an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion where all perspectives are valued and all people are welcomed.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Job Applicants: The base hourly pay range for this position is $30/hr.- $30/hr. The exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, training, licensure and certifications and location.High School (High School) English
Primary Location: New York, NY, Madison Ave Corp
Other Locations: New York-New York