Branch Operations Manager, Brooklyn/Queens, NYApply Req ID: Req1043921 Date posted 12/07/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Santander is one of the largest banks in the world, and one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With a principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division serves nearly 2 million customers and more than 5% of small businesses in the US.
The Sr. Specialist, Branch Operations Manager performs the operations and service functions of the branch, including adherence to all security, reconciliation, monitoring and balancing policies and procedures. S/he specializes in our branch customer experience through lobby management, transactions, and servicing for retail and business customers. As a branch leader, the Branch Operations Manager acts as a trusted expert on a wide range of policies providing clarity, guidance on execution, and assistance with escalations.
- Adheres to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies
- Functions as the Vault and/or ATM Custodian, to include balancing
- Completes branch currency ordering, maintains negotiable inventory, and maintains audit logs
- Performs sporadic teller cash counts
- Acts as the second in command to the branch manager, taking a leadership role to ensure fundamental behaviors and routines are executed. For example, announces new products and services, customer experience scripting, operations updates, daily plan, key activities to accomplish for the day.
- Assists branch manager with staff scheduling.
- Provides a variety of transactions for customers, including typical consumer transactions i.e., cashes checks and processes checking and savings account withdrawals and balancing duties, etc., while seeking opportunities to develop customer relationships and identify sales opportunities; utilizes basic sales techniques to deepen existing customer/prospect relationships.
- Researches and resolves account problems in partnership with Branch Manager
- Observes end to end teller transactions and using coaching tools, prompts to help team members improve customer experience in branch.
- Effectively communicate with customers to ensure a great customer experience, consistently executing the behaviors required to deliver respect through Santander’s Customer Experience standards
- Document changes made to branch policy, cascading information to team members and proactively inspecting and testing for operational readiness.
- High School Diploma Required.
- 3-5 years demonstrated successful experience in branch banking, or a related operations/support function
- Broad knowledge of Company policies and procedures, services and products
- Extensive knowledge of branch operations and regulatory requirements
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent cash-handling skills, and the ability to maintain and balance a cash drawer
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated to succeed in a goal driven environment with the desire to motivate & coach others to succeed
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Ability to interact with varying customers (consumer to small business) and to effectively handle difficult customer conversations
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Basic understanding of personal finances and concept of budgeting
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights: This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
For NYC Job Applicants: The base hourly pay range for this position is $24.88/hr.-$30.97/hr. The exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, training, licensure and certifications and location.English
Primary Location: Jackson Heights, NY, Jackson Heights
Other Locations: New York-Jackson Heights