Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If that sounds like you, it’s time to drop everything and start getting excited – because we’re waiting to welcome you to an awesome future. One where you’ll be able to give your entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can Santander.
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional Investment Options
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA, Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and short-term disability insurance coverage
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel Discounts
As a member of Santander’s retail banking division you’ll help serve Santander’s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Manager, Branch Manager is responsible for the administration of sales, service, operational efficiency, risk applications, internal control and HR management activities to meet bank objectives for the branch. Incumbents develop a culture within the branch in which quality and continuous improvement on all performance accountabilities are understood and utilized by all team members. Ensures the team is focused on the acquisition of new business and personal relationships and the retention and expansion of existing relationships.
- Delivers exceptional customer service and coaches/ motivates team to deepen existing customer relationships and acquire new customers
- Directs the development, implementation and use of productive sales strategies and techniques, generating additional bank business through any mean or channel provided by the Company
- Focuses on increasing Bank products and services, sales and number of clients, by executing customized strategies related to people and client management
- Coaches and motivates branch team members
- Implements strategies to reduce overhead, and is responsible for managing branch Profit and Losses
- Manages performance of all branch staff
- Responsible for the hiring, retention, motivation, and success of branch colleagues across all job families within the branch
- Participates in branch functions and community activities to promote organization's image and growth ensuring that the Company maintains a strong local presence
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or equivalent field, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience
- Ability to make independent decisions and utilize sound judgment
- Ability to manage, supervise, instruct and coach
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of all Retail and Small business products and services and fluency in business acumen and in SME credit
- Consultative, team oriented sales personality with outstanding personal customer skills
- Demonstrates supervisory abilities to provide constructive and positive feedback and manage performance
- Demonstrates the ability to generate sales excitement and acts as a coach and mentor to the staff
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and competitive with proven leadership quality and very goal driven
- Meets compliance and audit requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel with ability to operate a variety of office equipment
- Sound risk decision making skills and strong operational proficiency
- Understands all appropriate policies and procedures and process that impact work activities
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking
- Addresses customers' requests, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately
- Makes extra effort to satisfy customers’ needs and meet commitments
- Assesses problem situations and initiates effective interventions that result in customer satisfaction
- Takes time to develop and maintain relationships with customers
- Builds and maintains one's network of contacts and resources and knows who to involve in problem resolution
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members
- Establishes rapport with all parties in an attempt to diffuse tension
- Confronts the issue, not the person
- Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results
- Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported
- Follows through to meet commitments to others
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands
- Probes in-depth to understand the customer's business needs
- Explores and understands the customer's alternatives and decision criteria
- Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging risk issues
- Has good understanding of current market and competitive landscape that the organization operates within
- Understands rationale for change and adjusts schedules and tasks to make things work
- Anticipates and plans for changes in work schedules and assignments Understands the relevant products and services and the markets in which they are sold and their risk return to the organization
- Can identify and speak to major operational issues across the organization
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location:New York-New York-45 East 53rd Street - 02294 - 53rd Street - Branch
Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001)
Job Posting:Feb 18, 2020, 8:52:24 PM
Work in New York
Check out where you could be working if you apply.About this location