Associate, Credit Risk-Asset Managers & Hedge FundsApply Req ID: 2100321 Date posted 03/03/2021
This is an excellent opportunity to participate in this fast growing sector, work on transactions encompassing a number of different clients and products, build product skills and cross-train with other areas of the Credit Risk Management team.
- Perform credit analysis of new and existing hedge funds and asset managers/traditional funds (including: credentials, strategy, track record, leverage, investor base, liquidity, risk management, portfolio valuation, internal controls, service providers, transparency and regulation).
- Review the fund documentation (including: Prospectuses, Offering Memos, Investment Management Agreements, Investment Guidelines, Trust Agreements, Financial Statements, etc.) in order to evaluate investment objectives and strategies and determine credit worthiness of the underlying funds.
- Assist in negotiations of legal trading contracts, such as: ISDA/CSA, MRA, CDEA and other documentation.
- Provide recommendation for transactions approvals, determine initial margin requirements and haircuts on capital markets products (including: interest rate swaps, repos, foreign exchange).
- Conduct credit due diligence conference calls and on-site meetings.
- Monitor monthly performance and NAV trends in order to identify funds that breach ISDA triggers and hedge funds/investment managers that face challenges with performance and redemptions.
- Liaise with middle office, documentation group and collateral management to ensure that trades are booked and documented correctly and that collateral is taken where appropriate.
- Develop, maintain and manage internal relationships with business partners (including: marketers, negotiators, collateral management, on-boarding team and legal).
- Monitor investment industry fundamentals and apprise management of significant events that may have an adverse effect on a credit quality of assigned portfolios.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- 5-9 years of banking/credit analysis experience covering asset managers/hedge funds
- Working knowledge of capital markets products
- Strong work ethic
- Proactive approach, initiative and resourcefulness
- Positive attitude, drive and dedication
- Entrepreneurial spirit and attention to detail
- Team player
- Willingness to learn
Primary Location: New York, New York, United States
Other Locations: New York-New York
Organization: Banco Santander SA