Associate, Credit Management - Corporate & Investment BankingApply Req ID: Req1029777 Date posted 01/25/2023
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- This position will work closely with the Sponsors coverage team to present business opportunities for approval from the 2nd Line Credit Risk team.
- The Associate also manages an active portfolio of complex and/or high dollar relationships, and routinely monitors them for risks inherent in a business loan portfolio.
- Manage transactions from start to finish including borrower ratings, transaction analysis, financial modelling, and presentation to credit committee
- Portfolio management of an assigned portfolio of fund companies including, covenant monitoring, early action memo on critical events, and periodic borrower reviews
- Develop a deep understanding of the assigned portfolio through close following of company developments, press releases and news reports
- Identify risk and mitigates and articulate them through written word and through incorporating them into the financial model
- Oversees internal approval process including ensuring accurate and timely completion of credit applications, borrower rating applications, annual and quarterly reviews.
- Reviews relevant deal documents / information provided by Company / Sponsor, and third-party research reports
- Review credit documentation and synthesize into key terms and conditions, including syndicated and bilateral credit agreements, trade agreements, security agreements and ISDA/CSAs
- Develop credit recommendations which include clear views of credit structures and borrower’s risks.
- Provides support to the broader Credit Team on continuous improvement initiatives and that support loan growth and efficiency objectives
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience - Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics, or equivalent field (Completion of a Formal Credit Training Program, MBA or CFA Charter is a Plus)
- Thorough understanding of NAV and/or ABL lending.
- 3-6 years - Experience with underwriting loan transactions and portfolio management
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills
- Experienced in corporate valuation including Discounted Cash Flows analysis
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with little supervision and simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Ability to influence others by persuasively presenting thoughts and ideas to gain commitment and agreement for proposed ideas and solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
For NYC Job Applicants: The base annual salary range for this position is $80,695-149,500.The exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, training, licensure and certifications and location.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Primary Location: New York, NY, New York
Other Locations: New York-New York
Organization: Banco Santander S.A.