Analyst, Structured Finance- FLODApply Req ID: Req0938760 Date posted 03/31/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Analyst will be responsible for monitoring a portfolio of Structured Finance loans. As the Analyst gains experience, they will gradually begin assisting underwriters in analyzing new Structured Finance transactions and preparing the associated internal credit approval request packages. Our Structured Finance portfolio consists of Project Finance loans with a concentration in renewable energy, Fund Finance loans, and Commercial Real Estate loans (Warehouse, REPOs, Acquisition facilities, and multifamily).
- Monitor a portfolio of transaction and recommend changes to internal ratings based on changes in borrower’s credit quality.
- Review financial, operating, and construction reports.
- Perform reviews on borrowers, which includes analyzing operating performance, projecting financial metrics, updating ratings, and preparing credit review packages.
- Analyze amendment, waiver, and consent requests. Provide opinion on requests and process internally.
- Assist underwriters in analyzing new transactions and in preparing comprehensive loan approval package for credit committee.
- Assist underwriters by reviewing third party reports, analyzing financial models to determine drivers of cash flow and deviation from third party consultant assumptions, analyze credit quality of key counterparties, and conducting research.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Engineering, or Economics
- 0 to 3 years related experience or training with commercial real estate experience desired
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with financial statements
- Desire to learn borrowers’ businesses and industries
- Ability to work well with others and on teams
- Good business judgement and sound credit skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with little supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Primary Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Other Locations: New York-New York,New York-New York
Organization: Banco Santander S.A.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.