Sr. Cloud Platform EngineerApply Req ID: Req1212262 Date posted 10/25/2023
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Sr. Cloud Platform Engineer will join the Public Cloud Team for Santander US. You will build, test, and deploy a suite of services using a modern technology stack. The services you support will be stable, secure, and performant. You are friendly and eager to dive into any problem thrown your way. You will be technically sharp, get technical concepts at their core, and go beyond comfortable “same old solutions.” You will own your work top to bottom, front to back, and never throw it over a wall. You will rarely settle for the default settings. You will think automation first and manual second, using the right technology to solve the right problem. You are enthusiastic, recognizing there are any number of areas in which you can make an impact. You will be a self-starter and be willing to handle all manner of tasks with a positive attitude and a minimum of handholding.
This position involves building, migrating and operating Cloud Platform and applications. Daily activities like cloud operations, account management, cloud governance and automation, design and analysis as well as working closely with the development teams, architecture, and other partners.
The Sr. Cloud Platform Engineer will utilize their subject matter expertise with Hybrid and Cloud Infrastructure environments to design and implement Hybrid Cloud environments utilizing Infrastructure as code and build automation pipelines to significantly improve efficiencies and cost reduction. They will help develop and significantly improve existing practices and processes.
- Drives organizational technical change and new additions to the services catalog.
- Oversees the development and implementation of new projects and tools, such as automated scripts and tooling to enhance Team efficiency, performance, and security.
- Provides guidance/input to management and participates in technical supervisory responsibilities for infrastructure engineers, including, but not limited to appraising technical performance.
- Drives the development and implementation of Team standards.
- Directs the planning and implementation of new IT Infrastructure capabilities.
- Supports the IT Team to ensure all systems are designed and implemented following Santander US' standards, industry best practices and regulatory requirements (security, resilience, scalability, efficiency, etc..).
- Collaborate across the company to understand changing business needs and communicate IT Team initiatives based on customer requirements.
- Develops points of views on emerging technologies and evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
- Understands successes and failures in the marketplace to better guide the firm's IT strategy.
- Provides guidance and direction on projects, ensuring overall fit with architecture direction.
- Develops and implements new Infrastructure products and standards of operations throughout the technology organization.
- Develops and documents the proposed technical design/infrastructure design for the integration and implementation of any new solutions, working across the IT department.
- Supports vendor relationships in all related technologies so that services are delivered to us effectively and efficiently.
- Communicates with senior leadership on matters of importance.
- Recommends agreed process improvements to the Team function.
- Completes architectural assessments and unbiased analysis of key decisions within projects including impact on systems, timelines and other key variables.
- Supports communication strategies that will guide the organization to standard technologies or create new standards as development needs arise.
- Works as technical authority and escalation point for incidents and issues related to his/her area of expertise.
- Builds a collaborative commitment to technology strategy by considering and evaluating different points of view.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree: in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent field, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years’ Experience with Automation, IaC, SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
Skills & Abilities:
- Hands-on experience working with Code design and implementation to include Infrastructure as Code, Monitoring as Code, DB as Code and Configuration Management as Code through the GitOps framework.
- Proficient in Architecture/Design and implementation of workloads in cloud and hybrid cloud environments (resilience, compliance, security).
- Demonstrated experience designing, integrating, and managing complex infrastructure solutions (Networking, DNS, Container Orchestration, Security, Monitoring).
- Design and manage public and private cloud infrastructure using AWS, which includes VPC, EC2, S3, Cloud Front, Elastic File System, RDS, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud trail.
- Design and implement migration path to Microservices design/implementation, API Management, Container technologies, Serverless, NOSQL, Caching, Messaging, Kinesis.
- Creating different S3 buckets and write Lambda to move files from S3 to Redshift
- Hands on experience with AWS services like EC2, VPC, S3, Route 53, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, AutoScaling CloudFormation and databases
- In-depth hands-on experience with at least one modern programming/scripting language (Python, Ansible, Go, PowerShell).
- Proven experience designing, deploying, and maintaining services in a mixed OS, containerized/virtual environment, from the ground up (Docker, Kubernetes, VMWare, Windows Server, Linux).
- Deployment and support experience with applications in a cloud environment, such as Amazon Web Services or Azure.
- An expert in automation systems (Ansible, Rundeck, Terraform, Packer, Cloud formation, Puppet, Chef).
- An expert in using Source Control Management systems (Git).
- Expertise in creating CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, ADO, GitHub Actions, Atlassian Bamboo, Gitlab CI/CD).
- Demonstrated expertise with creating and troubleshooting containerized workloads (Kubernetes, EKS, Rancher).
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, both verbal and written, and a strong history of “whatever it takes” support.
- Work well as part of a team in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Strong desire to produce quality work, adopt standards and adhere to those standards.
- Technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills, project management and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels (technical and business audiences) and in different situations. This includes the ability to develop clear, concise documentation.
- Excellent attention to detail, quality, and follow-through; commitment to continuous improvement and the elimination of performance variability.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements with a flexible and creative approach to brainstorming, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide solutions recommendations for complex technical issues.
- Lead and organize pilots/PoCs for new technologies.
Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights: This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Primary Location: Miami, FL, Miami
Other Locations: Florida-Miami,Massachusetts-Boston