Sr. Associate, Technical Project ManagementApply Req ID: Req1084817 Date posted 04/15/2023
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Technical Project Manager will be responsible for driving new capabilities and strategic change for US Cloud in SHUSA. He/she has demonstrated experience in running large, complex technology initiatives in the banking industry. He/she will work closely with product management, technology, client service, operations, and business partners to deliver programs/projects to enhance global Cloud capabilities. This position will work closely with teams based in the New York, New Jersey, Boston, Dallas, Mexico and Spain.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manages multiple projects end-to-end within the program on time, on budget, and with quality as per scope. Projects are across four entities.
- Responsible for developing the project’s timeline, keeping track of programs and projects
- Development Deliverables, interdependencies with other systems and operating areas
- Ensures responsible parties deliver their assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Responsible for providing status and raising issues to Senior Management, Technology Management, and to Business and Technology Release Management as appropriate.
- Interdependency Tracking-Responsible for ensuring early engagement of cross impacted teams such as Architecture, Information Risk, Tech Infrastructure etc
- Supporting the development and approval of the project’s business case
- Managing project life cycle phases, such as Initiation, Development (requirements, design, build, test), and Implementation (implementation and project closure), including both Tech and Business deliverables.
- Facilitate and participate in the delivery process for major project deliverables including Project Plan, Business and Functional Requirements, Analysis & Design, QA, End User Testing, and Product Management deliverables.
- Coordinating and leading “virtual team” resources located in multiple global locations
- Preparing and presenting project updates for executive leadership
- Other responsibilities include: managing the change control process, overseeing the project’s financial approval process, managing project issues/ risks, developing contingency plans, and other activities in support of the team’s overall success.
- Responsible for contributions beyond typical PM role, including supporting Product Management, BA, QA and Developer activities
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- BA/BS IT/ Computer Science, MIS, Economics, Finance, Operations Management, or a related discipline. MBA or related graduate degree a plus
- 15+ years professional experience in banks or other financial institution, consulting firm, and/ or software company
- 10+ years project management experience leading complex projects, valued at $1M or greater
- 5+ years’ experience in Managing AWS Cloud banking projects, a plus
- Knowledge or experience delivering AWS Cloud projects
- Knowledge of managing projects migrating from legacy to cloud environments
- Managed Project Teams for AWS environment
- Leveraged JIRA and Confluence for managing agile epics, stories, and tasks.
- Performed C-Level presentations for status and strategic planning
- Advised and directed Cloud migration projects for legacy applications and databases to Cloud Systems
- Managed application transformation to the Cloud
- Knowledge of AWS Services
- Understanding of systems development methodologies. Ability to direct and manage business partners, technology resources, subject matter experts, user interface design, QA, UAT, and all other groups involved in the end-to-end process needed to define, design, and deploy product capabilities
- Demonstrates strong relationship management skills. Proven ability to quickly build trust and rapport with others in order to structure problems, build consensus, and negotiate agreement
- Proven ability to manage large projects in a way that reduces risk, ensures predictable results, meets, or exceeds its timeline
- Exhibits high degree of creativity, self-motivation, and commitment to task
- Power user of office automation and project management tools including MS PowerPoint, MS Project, and Visio
- Experience in leading several complex system projects
- Expertise in project management discipline and techniques
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams and interact with all levels
- Ability to be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize, and prioritize work
- Applies judgment and common sense; develops pragmatic solutions and plans
- Identifies conflicts in project schedules and works to resolve discrepancies
- Balances big picture implications with details around a specific problem
- Identifies key issues and structures problems independently
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Strong team building skills
Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights: This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
#LI-HybridBachelor of Science (BS) English
Primary Location: Miami, FL, Miami
Other Locations: Florida-Miami
Organization: Santander Bank N.A.