Sr. Associate, Project Management- Project HorizonApply Req ID: 2102128 Date posted 05/06/2021
The Sr. Associate Project Management is considered a subject matter expert providing guidance to the most complex issues on major projects. S/he is responsible for developing a strategic direction of the relevant business area, and both defines and manages the lifecycle from project initiation through to program closure. The incumbent resolves risks, issues and dependencies, and measures and monitors program actuals, forecasts and budgets and updates plans with accurate, up-to-date information. S/he follows financial standards and processes (e.g. monthly external revenue accruals, software capitalization, procurement & external payments), and reports financial information and status to the required executive level through steering committees. The incumbent secures, leads, motivates and inspires the internal & external resources required to deliver the program, and is responsible for establishing the program governance (e.g. sponsors, approvers, stakeholders).
- Acts as a change agent/coach to instill and sustain changes
- Acts as an internal consultant to make professional recommendations for project implementation
- Acts as key escalation point for operational issues
- Assess change readiness and prepare plan for helping stakeholders through change
- Develops and implements contingency and recovery plans when deliverables are missed (i.e. identify critical path, document, plan for Return to Green, business continuity plan, etc.)
- Develops presentations, dashboards, reports and other team and executive level project communications and documentation
- Develops, communicates and implements project risk mitigation plans and completes risk actions, issues and decisions documentation to effectively monitor risk and enable accountability and responsibility
- Documents and communicates project changes, project health and project status project team, business owner an executive sponsor
- Drives high quality results,Drives/participates in the funding process, as appropriate (i.e. presentations, cost-benefit analysis, business case)
- Engages people and develops them through team work and a high level of participation
- Facilitates Project Team meetings and situational analysis regularly to ensure appropriate communication to all stakeholders,Identifies project duration, effort, sequence, and dependencies of tasks required to meet applicable project objectives
- Leads and contributes to the development of project definition and scope with applicable stakeholders
- Manages process and project management deliverables for all assigned projects from initiation thru closure, including intake activities.
- Monitors and documents project milestones and outcomes throughout the project lifecycle to ensure adherence to established quality standards
- Motivates functional process team working on projects within a matrix reporting structure
- Serves as a dedicated resource working directly with leaders and staff to support process improvement
- Supports complex initiatives affecting multiple functions or businesses,Tracks and reports accurate project plans and budgets in line with appropriate governance
Bachelor's Degree; or equivalent work experience
- 9-12 years; formal project management experience in a financial services environment,
- Building project planning documents
- Developing and coaching others indirectly or directly
- Coaches, reviews and delegating work to lower level professionals
- Estimating and budgeting to ensure project costs are maintained
Project Management Professional (PMP) or Scrum Master (CSM) certification/or Prince2 certification
Six Sigma Green Belt
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze project data, metrics and financials, making data-driven analytical decisions
- Ability to enable individuals to work effectively as they plan, implement, and experience change
- Ability to engage the support and resources of others to achieve project goals and objectives; influencing without authority
- Ability to identify risks and manage them, escalation when necessary
- Ability to influence others at an operational level regarding new concepts, practices and approaches,Ability to manage all aspects of multiple projects, deliverables and timelines
- Ability to research, interpret, and incorporate industry and other best practices into project management processes
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically moving through both fluidly
- Ability to understand, apply, and articulate industry project management principles, theories, and concepts
- Demonstrated ability to build strong collaborative business and technology relationships; recognizes organizational limitations and uses corporate culture and resources to eliminate barriers when possible.
- Demonstrated experience engaging the support and resources of others to achieve project goals and objectives; influencing with and without authority
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and decision making skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization
- Knowledge of functional area may be required
- Managing multi-year projects with cross-enterprise interdependencies.
- Proficient with project and portfolio management tools (i.e. Clarity, Visio, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proven experience prioritizing, budgeting, estimating, project implementation
- Recognized as a subject matter expert in the area of project management
- Skilled in cross-cultural awareness, leadership, communication, influence, negotiation and conflict resolution.
Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Anticipates the impact of change and creates an environment where change can be initiated with minimal disruptions and negative impactHelps people to understand how proposed changes will affect them and the organization.
- Brings out the best in each team member by consistently motivating and acknowledging peer contributions.
- Understands and leverages team dynamics
- Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of projects, processes, products and services
- Remains calm and focused on goals while facing pressures, obstacles or short-term setbacks,Identifies and eliminates redundancy of effort
- Ensures tools, systems, and processes are in place to allow team members to work quickly and effectively,Improves relationships between key individuals to achieve seamless cross-team work flow and positively impact resultsUses informal networks to gain support for ideas and projects
- Pushes for "a better way? of doing things and encourages others to challenge thinking
- Translates broad innovative ideas into workable solutions
- Recognizes potential and multiple impacts of change and acts as a coach to help people understand and prepare for change
- Takes proactive action to maintain relationships that are impacted by change
- Reformulates the problem in different ways to evaluate it from different angles
Primary Location: Miami, Florida, United States
Other Locations: -,Massachusetts-Boston,Florida-Miami
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.