Software Engineer, Application DevelopmentApply Req ID: Req0925898 Date posted 05/17/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Summary of Responsibilities:
This person maintains and enhances critical business applications, and provides specialized technical, and quick hit solutions for strategic and near term projects. S/he leads the design and development of solutions aligned with all facets of the servicing business units utilizing robust computing architectures in a multi-tier environment. The incumbent delivers products using various methodologies including waterfall and agile to ensure the highest priorities are delivered first.
This person is a subject matter expert who develops software programs to meet project schedule and maintains and supports existing software applications, while working to resolve complex issues.
- Develops or modifies complex software that is optimized for performance.
- Maintains software across multiple business units, especially for servicing.
- Develops high profile, high performance solutions using cutting edge technologies.
- Contributes to application software reporting initiatives.
- Maintains and supports existing software applications Identifies and resolves complex app issues and bugs.
- Interacts with business areas, and systems analysts and/or business analysts to document business requirements and communicate project specifications; clarifies requirement-related issues as needed.
- Tests new installations and/or software prior to release to minimize failures and impact.
- Develops and maintains good understanding of application environment.
- Analyzes business requirements across multiple business areas, usually as a team lead, including the evaluation of application software packages.
- Formulates and defines application scope and objectives; devises and modifies procedures to solve business problems.
- Creates impact and details design documents, translating requirements into an appropriate system design, and version control of deliverables.
- Codes and configures application components and interfaces.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to others on the team
- Bachelor's Degree: in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent field
- Master's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years C#
- 5+ years knowledge of Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC).
- 5+ years in consumer lending domain (auto finance preferred)
- 5+ years developing using WCF and/or WebAPI
- 5+ years DB Development w/Microsoft SQL Server—including stored procedures in T-SQL
- 2+ years with multiple enterprise job schedulers platforms such as ESP, Autosys, or Control-M
- 5+ years Microsoft Team Foundation Server as a source code repository as well as a build-and-release toolchain
- 5+ years Enterprise Change management processes and techniques
- 3+ years static code analysis with Fortify or equivalent tool
- 3+ years programming batch jobs
- Experience in Consumer Finance vertical
Skills & Abilities -
- Able to work with business users to effectively elicit requirements and solution architecture
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to analyze and resolve complex issues and problems in a sound and timely fashion.
- Able to assimilate research data from a variety of sources, analyze, and recommend appropriate courses of action to take.
- Able to coach others in the development of their skills.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines. Able to design applications using new or existing methodologies. Able to adjust readily to change and adapt as needed.
- Able to express ideas clearly and convey necessary information.
- Able to identify areas of risk/concern in area of responsibility.
- Able to identify needs and opportunities and develop action plans to address.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Able to think strategically and tactically. Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to prepare/analyze appropriate reports and other business correspondence.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights: This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Primary Location: Miami, Florida, United States of America
Other Locations: Florida-Miami
Organization: Santander Consumer USA Inc.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.