Sr. Representative, Deficiency CollectionsApply Req ID: o9n8dfwB Date posted 02/09/2021
Job Family: Business Operations
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
Job Function: Auto Loan & Lease Collections
Accountable for the day-to-day support of consumer loan and lease accounts in all stages and statuses in order to ensure that payments are received in a timely manner and to minimize losses. Ensures adherence to internal policy and external regulations. Supports respectful customer experiences throughout life of loan.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Representative, Deficiency Collections works with customers to minimize losses on accounts that are identified as deficiency balances or charged off loans. S/he is responsible for actively pursuing loss prevention and loss mitigation opportunities by initiating contact with customers or agencies in an effort to negotiate payments or to satisfy any deficiency balances. Additionally, the incumbent reviews and monitors all charged off loans and small balance queues on a daily basis.
- Reviews and monitors all charged off loans and small balance queues on a daily basis.
- Assists customers with requests, questions and problems regarding any pending settlements.
- Initiates contact with customers or agencies in an effort to negotiate payments or to satisfy any deficiency balances.
- Provides settlement recommendations as circumstances warrant.
- Adheres to all state laws/guidelines regarding deficiency collections.
- Maintains losses at or below established guidelines for assigned job duties.
- Performs other duties and assists in special projects as requested and/or assigned.
- Utilizes and leverages the dialer on skip accounts when making outbound calls.
- Responds to incoming calls related to collateral recovery issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of regulations, industry trends, and economic conditions that may affect the collections function.
- Collects in accordance with all state and federal laws inclusive of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience -
- 0-3 years
- Skills & Abilities -
- Broad knowledge of collection policies and procedures and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Broad understanding of the repossession/charge-off processes.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and acceptance of change in a dynamic financial environment.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Accurate data entry, typing and ten-key skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain poise under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Compensation $17.79 to $21.63 an hour
Benefits: Santander offers comprehensive benefits to its full and part-time employees who work more than 20 hours a week. Employees can choose from a number of benefit options including medical, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, legal assistance and critical illness insurance. Santander provides eligible employees with certain core benefits at no cost including basic life and short and long term disability insurance, employee assistance program, paid time off, business travel accident insurance and many perks and discounts.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.