Sr. Representative, Deficiency CollectionsApply Req ID: omJPcfwQ Date posted 06/10/2020
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Under direct supervision of the Loss Recovery Manager, the Non-Collateral Specialist works with customers to minimize losses on accounts that are identified as deficiency balances or charged off loans. This team member has contact with customers, other departments and outside agencies and/or 3rd parties.
- Review and monitor all charged off loans and small balance queues on a daily basis.
- Properly document all account activity in the computer system.
- Assist customers with requests, questions and problems regarding any pending settlements.
- Initiate contact with customers or agencies in an effort to negotiate payments or to satisfy any deficiency balances.
- Maintain losses at or below established guidelines for assigned job duties.
- Offer or recommend settlements as circumstances warrant.
- Adhere to all state laws/guidelines regarding deficiency collections.
- Upon settlement, send manual updates to reflect settlements on customer credit reports.
- Negotiate value and interest to adequately protect SC USAs interest in collateral.
- Handle incoming calls related to collateral recovery issues.
- Make outbound calls utilizing the dialer on skip accounts
- Handle incoming calls related to Bankruptcy customers with Collateral - Handle incoming calls related to uncollectible accounts.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- May assist in other related departments as required by business need.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years previous collections experience preferred, automobile collections desired.
- General knowledge of collection policies and procedures and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Accurate data entry, typing and ten-key skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to promote a cooperative team environment and provide good customer service.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations in order to perform duties described above.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Overtime work may be required throughout the year
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs