Represenative, Payments - Loan AccountingApply Req ID: ouRudfwM Date posted 09/16/2020
The Representative, Payments on this team will support the proactive payments process and ancillary product refunds. Familiarity with ancillary products, the cancellation process of ancillary products, dealer payments, and the ability to follow procedures is key to success in this role. In this role, the Representative, Payments will use customer account information, payment information, provided supporting documents, and established policies to make decisions on accounts.
The Payment Services Proactive Team is responsible for:
- Processing Ancillary product refunds such as GAP and Credit Life insurance.
- Validating the customer’s account(s) and decisioning to either post or refund.
- Utilizing multiple imaging systems to review documentation received with the payment in order to determine the course of action to be taken.
- Supports departments success by consistently meeting production goals.
- Completes all assigned work in order to meet service level agreements established by department procedures.
- Follows defined procedures and established guidelines to ensure accounts are processed accurately.
- Alerts leadership to any potential red flag issues and escalates as appropriate.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: Business, Marketing, Finance, or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience: Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience -
- 0-3 years Payments, Loss Mitigation, Fulfillment, and/or collections experience.
- 0-3 years Auto Finance industry experience.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow established and detailed policies and procedures
- Ability to recognize outlier data
- Proficient in basic PC applications, including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Intermediate to advanced typing and data entry processing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to educate customer on a service or product solution.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to respond to internal and external requests as needed.
- Ability to adhere to policies, procedures, and instructions of management.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.