Customer Service RepresentativeApply Req ID: ogsKcfwo Date posted 05/22/2020
With over 3.1 million customers and $60 billion in managed assets, Santander Consumer USA (NYSE: SC) is a full-service, technology-driven consumer finance company focused on vehicle finance and third-party servicing. Additionally, operating as Chrysler Capital we provide full-spectrum automotive finance for Chrysler Group dealers; direct-to-consumer lending solutions; plus fleet, lease, floorplan and business lending solutions. We are committed to providing excellent service to our customers, our people and our community by placing our Simple, Personal, and Fair values at the center of everything we do. For more information visit http://www.santanderconsumerusa.com
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage which you are eligible for on your date of hire. We also offer a minimum of 18 days of PTO, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) with immediate company match of 6% and volunteer PTO time. In this role, you are also eligible for a monthly incentive.
We are currently seeking Representatives for our Customer Service department. In this role you will use knowledge of our organization, auto loan procedures, and account information to assist our Auto Loan and Lease customers with inquiries through inbound calls. The Representative, Customer Service is a defined agent with a vast knowledge depository and elevated skill set to handle all type of customer needs. Common customer inquiries include billing discrepancies, title and insurance inquiries, payoffs and requests for payment arrangements. Our representatives are responsible for diagnosing and diffusing distressed customers and recognizing trends to mitigate unnecessary calls, decrease customer complaints, and maintain successful customer satisfaction scores.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Maintains high level of professionalism at all times, creates a connection and develops rapport with every customer to provide outstanding, personal service.
- Utilizes all tools and resources available to ensure timely and accurate responses to customer inquiries.
- Educates customers about their contract and services available.
- Accurately updates customer account in system of record.
- Ensures that accounts are handled according to business strategy and quality guidelines, as well as all state and federal laws and company policy and procedure.
- Works with customers to better understand reasons for their inquiry to minimize need for future calls.
- Partners with internal departments to ensure customer receives the most accurate and timely response to inquiries.
- Maintains knowledge of policy and procedure, seeks help when needed, and attends all required continued learning sessions.
- Meets department standards in quality and performance.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Collections or Customer Service experience preferred.
- Broad knowledge of collection policies and procedures and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Flexibility, adaptability, and acceptance of change in a dynamic financial environment.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Accurate data entry, typing and ten-key skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain poise under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to display empathy.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.