Customer Assistance Account SpecialistApply Req ID: obpZcfwv Date posted 07/01/2020
Job Family Description:
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
Job Function Description:
Acts as a primary point of contact to assist consumer loan customers in resolving account issues and questions. Researches and escalates as appropriate. Ensures adherence to internal policy and external regulations. Supports respectful customer experiences throughout life of loan.
Established professional contributor•
Works independently with general supervision
•Guides and assists lower level professionals•
Contacts others to inform, gain input and support decision-making
The Sr. Specialist, Account Services is responsible for inbound customer inquiries seeking financial relief from their consumer loan. The Sr. Specialist reviews the customer’s request and current account status. S/he also researches the customer’s historical payment record and investigates other pertinent financial details in real time with the customer to determine the best course of action. The Sr. Specialist independently determines, negotiates and communicates any warranted relief efforts to the customer. The Sr. Specialist updates all account information in real time as required while interacting with the customer.
- Receive inbound calls through a queue to assist customers with inquiries regarding their auto loan including, but not limited to: modifications and/or extensions.
- Researches consumer account to determine current delinquency, historical payment record, and ability to repay the loan.
- Investigates consumer’s current financial situation and ability to repay by communicating with the consumer and probing for information.
- Independently determines best course of action balancing financial regulations and customer’s ability to repay the loan including, but not limited to: approving/denying modifications or extensions. Negotiates payments with the customer in the event relief assistance is not offered.
- Updates customer financial record documenting all required information in real time while on the phone with the customer.
- Processes all modifications and extensions within compliance and policy guidelines as set by the business.
- Participates with system enhancement projects including UAT testing and post implementation review.
- Maintains knowledge of data reporting/exception reporting related to loan modifications and audit reviews.
- Assists with all Compliance, Internal Audit and regulatory reviews.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Promotes a cooperative and productive work environment.
- Education – High School Diploma/GED required
- Experience -
- 1+ years Collections experience; equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Skills & Abilities -
- Broad knowledge of collection policies and procedures and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Broad understanding of the repossession/charge-off processes.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and acceptance of change in a dynamic financial environment.
- Ability to multitask; record information while interacting with the customer
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Attention to detail; specifically accurate data entry, typing and ten-key skills.
- Demonstrated outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain poise under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 2+ years demonstrated Collections’ experience