Commercial Banking Relationship ManagerApply Req ID: 2004045 Date posted 03/03/2021
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government. Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
This role is responsible for the sales, service and retention of the most complex and profitable Commercial relationships. Incumbents are responsible for new business development, portfolio management, credit quality and overall relationship management of an assigned portfolio of commercial customers. Works independently to manage and develop complex commercial accounts that meet the bank's lending requirements and maximize profitability while minimizing risk. Acts in a trusted advisor role to companies generating ideas, advice and solutions, usually to the larger companies in the assigned territory. The most senior individual contributor position within Commercial Banking. Works independently.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cross sells all bank products; directs the coordination of product partners in the attainment of business plans
- Owns the relationship as primary point of contact
- Acts as primary contact for new business development which focuses on the acquisition of complex and profitable commercial customers
- Sources prospects and COI's
- Cross-sells the Bank's commercial products and services to existing customers
- Individual budget responsibility in alignment with Incentive Plan Goals
- Works in collaboration with credit professionals to produce written support of new or renewing credit exposure
- Works with compliance, credit review and auditors to ensure credit extension is within policy and applicable laws and regulation
- Marshalls all product disciplines as primary owner of relationship
- Represents Santander in civic and community functions to further enhance
- Mentors Financial Analysts, Portfolio Managers and/or less experienced Relationship Managers.
- Monitors credit quality within assigned portfolios and takes action
- Identifies, evaluates, structures and documents commercial credit
- Participates in joint calls with business partners to develop customers
- Drives revenue growth through self-sourced opportunities within the upper-end / more complex universe of commercial customers and prospects.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience - Business, Finance, Economics, or equivalent field
- 12-15 years of relevant work experience as a commercial banking business development officer
Primary Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
Other Locations: Pennsylvania-Harrisburg,Pennsylvania-Bethlehem,Pennsylvania-Villanova,Pennsylvania-Philadelphia,Pennsylvania-Reading,Pennsylvania-Lancaster
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.