Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If that sounds like you, it’s time to drop everything and start getting excited – because we’re waiting to welcome you to an awesome future. One where you’ll be able to give your entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can Santander.
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional Investment Options
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA, Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and short-term disability insurance coverage
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel Discounts
As a member of Santander’s retail banking division, you will serve Santander’s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The External Fraud Investigator is responsible for collecting, reviewing, responding to, and analyzing data, documentation, and other evidence to ensure compliance with department service level agreements, policies, procedures, and/or regulatory and risk requirements in a fast-paced environment. A successful candidate will investigate various types of suspicious activity and will coordinate with internal and external partners (including law enforcement agencies) to take care of customer accounts and to reduce potential exposure to criminal activities and perform recoveries where possible. The investigator is also responsible for documenting and filing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) in accordance with various regulations.
- Actively interface with peer banks and industry organizations to Maintain and broaden awareness of industry risks, trends, solutions, and best practices.
- Acts as the subject matter expert in external fraud investigations and in communication with various departments to obtain/provide information for key projects and problem resolution purposes.
- Conduct interviews of victims, witnesses, and suspects (both internal and external to the Bank).
- Conducts ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required to support investigations.
- Coordination with Law Enforcement to arrest/convict suspects and recover Bank assets.
- Demonstrate technical expertise and strong knowledge base in the area of fraud prevention risk management.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive documentation for investigations.
- Develops deep subject matter expertise in fraud and other key indicators that may result in potential vulnerability/risk.
- Ensure that all Suspicious Activity Reports consistently meet heightened quality standards before being submitted.
- Identifies and monitors trends and/or abnormalities with regards to external fraud activity.
- Provide proactive recommendations to management.
- Identify and pursue process enhancements and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Investigate various types of suspicious activity to determine fraud exposure to the Bank.
- Leverage deep understanding of various financial crime schemes to mitigate losses and propose strategies to fortify the bank's defenses against threats.
- Maintain compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act by ensuring that Suspicious Activity Reports are filed on all qualified activity and within the established timelines.
- Maintain high level of performance in terms of working/closing out cases in a timely fashion, securing recoveries and achieving consistently high quality assurance scores for casework.
- Maintains an in-depth awareness of company goals and industry trends.
- Off hours availability for escalated fraud events (on a rotation).
- Participates in the evaluation of new applications and the identification of systems requirements for planning purposes.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as potential risks are identified.
- Prepare cases for civil litigation and/or criminal prosecution.
- Recover stolen funds and/or assets.
- Bachelor's Degree;,or equivalent work experience.
- 5-9 years; Banking experience preferably in operations and/or fraud prevention.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality,Ability to think out of the box and recommend feasible solutions under the circumstances.
- Able to adjust to a rapidly changing environment,Able to manage multiple tasks or projects.
- Able to work independently as part of team.
- Excellent inter-personal and partnering skills to facilitate effective working relationships.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to make swiftly escalate issues to senior staff when needed.
- Exceptional documentation and process management skills Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of FIS fraud products and service offerings.
- Knowledge of back-end systems supporting payment transactions, servicing products and operational procedures.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations and laws regarding fraud-related issues.
- Knowledge of the principles, processes, procedures and trends of fraud and fraud prevention.
- Self-directed and results-driven with demonstrated ability to capture and document the needs of the business.
- Self-starter who proactively seeks learning and development opportunities.
- Strong Technical Skills and proficiency in launching applications and maneuvering in a Windows based environment.
- Strong analytical, research and attention to details skills.
- Understands our risk systems and supports analysis that surfaces patterns, trends, and bugs that help inform our fraud policies and processes while directly impacting the business.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint and computer navigation and operation skills.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Addresses customer's requests, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately.
- Makes extra effort to satisfy customers needs and meet commitments.
- Builds and maintains one's network of contacts and resources and knows who to involve in problem resolution.
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner.
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions.
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues.
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change.
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members.
- Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results.
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results.
- Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported.
- Follows through to meet commitments to others.
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands.
- Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or problem and the relationship among variables that are not obvious.
- Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging risk issues.
- Has good understanding of current market and competitive landscape that the organization operates within.
Primary Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Dorchester,Rhode Island-East Providence,Pennsylvania-Villanova,New York-New York,Pennsylvania-Harrisburg
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.
Work in Harrisburg
Check out where you could be working if you apply.About this location