Sr. Specialist, Santander Executive OfficeApply Req ID: Req0951828 Date posted 06/21/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Sr. Specialist, Customer Service serves as a universal resource to provide the highest quality customer service and support with accuracy, efficiency, and professionalism meeting the high-quality service delivery standards of the Company. This individual Identifies needs and makes recommendations for quality improvement that creates perceived value to customers.
- Adheres to bank policies and procedures, code of ethics and all Federal, State and local laws.
- Assists with developing, documenting, and sustaining effective service processes within the department.
- Builds internal and external relationships through exceptional problem solving, ownership and follow-through.
- Coaches junior level staff to enhance learning opportunities and Customer Service skills.
- Handles escalated customer calls and sensitive issues.
- Identifies and addresses trends in customer service issues; identifies root cause and solutions and communicates as needed.
- Meets and exceeds service goals and objectives.
- Models exemplary client service behaviors.
- Monitors and evaluates service performance to ensure resolution and quality standards are met or exceeded to create customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Promote service excellence by modeling exceptional client service characteristics to retain and build existing relationships with clients.
- Responds in a timely manner to difficult or complex product and service inquiries from clients, team members and business partners.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years; Customer Service/ Customer Support experience
- Ability to analyze conflict and provide recommendations and/or resolutions to mitigate/resolve customer issues
- Ability to change direction as project demand dictates
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate instructions to others, summarize and articulate issues, and document findings in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to stay abreast of industry best practices, procedures, and techniques
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Demonstrated practical and theoretical knowledge of Customer Service principles/practices and conflict resolution
- Excellent customer service skills including an ability to follow-up to ensure closure of issues
- Strong MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and Outlook) skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking
- Adapts quickly to change and makes suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of change
- Appropriately shifts attention and refocuses on new goals as a result of changes in priorities or competing work demands
- Assesses problem situations and initiates effective interventions that result in customer satisfaction
- Takes time to develop and maintain relationships with customers
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues
- Communicates the importance and benefits of risk management to counterparts
- Displays natural skepticism and curiosity to question the status quo and uncover issues
- Adheres to a good root cause analysis process
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals, contributing ideas and accepting change
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members
- Follows through to meet commitments to others
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands
- Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or problem and the relationship among variables that are not obvious
- Probes in-depth to understand the customers’ business needs
- Explores and understands the customer's alternatives and decision criteria
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all eligibility requirements
- Meet the qualifications posted for the positions they are applying for
- Apply online through the Company’s internal careers site for job posting
- Complete 12 months of continuous service within your current position and be in good standing (rating 3 or better, not been placed on a performance improvement plan)
Please click here to see the full policy: http://thesource.sov.gs.corp/human-resources/careers-and-growth/hiring-internal-mobility/
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Primary Location: East Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America
Other Locations: Rhode Island-East Providence,Pennsylvania-Reading
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.