Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If that sounds like you, it’s time to drop everything and start getting excited – because we’re waiting to welcome you to an awesome future. One where you’ll be able to give your entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can Santander.
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional Investment Options
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA, Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and short-term disability insurance coverage
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel Discounts
As a member of Santander’s retail banking division you’ll help serve Santander’s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank
The Sr. Specialist, Claims & Fraud Operations is responsible and accountable for risk by reviewing Claims cases to ensure compliance with all applicable Policies & Procedures and Regulations. Accountable for extensive review of all phases of the Claims Procedure lifecycle. While operating within the organization's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types. This role is responsible for supporting the Centralized Claims Department through driving continuous improvement, removing barriers, building/maintaining a robust and effective reporting suite. The primary function of this role on a day-to-day basis will be the completion of Quality Evaluations to validate work is completed is in accordance with Policies & Procedures and compiling of the reporting of performance for Senior Leadership.
- Be proactive in the development and execution of ideas, which reduce risk and improve Santander's profitability
- Communicates significant issues to management and makes recommendations when weaknesses are identified
- Completes data quality checks, including coordinating the resolution of data reconciliation issues
- Conducts root cause analysis to identify opportunities to predict, prevent and mitigate risk within processes and performance
- Increases operational efficiencies to streamline and simplify process flows and fraud prevention effectiveness
- Performs routine, analytical review of data and/or documentation which may include customer data and/or review for fraud/risk activities
- Conducts Quality Control reviews on work completed by Fraud Operations team members to ensure work was completed in accordance with department policies and procedures
- Escalates Quality Control issues as identified during review and brainstorms with team to determine solutions to complex issues
- Develops an understanding for regulatory requirements relevant to tasks assigned
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years; Experience in the financial service industry or similar environment, such as Customer Service, Operations, or Fraud Prevention.
- Ability to analyze diverse information and develop strategy recommendations.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organization skills,Knowledge and experience with root cause analysis.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications.
- Solid ability to multi-task,Solid analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills.
- Solid knowledge of department computer applications and systems.
- Working knowledge of fraud systems such as Lexus Nexus, Targus, Tran Union TLO.
- Working knowledge of loss and fraud detection/prevention principals, multiple fraud areas, compliance and regulatory issues related to the department and/or company.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Addresses customer's requests, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately.
- Makes extra effort to satisfy customers needs and meet commitments.
- Builds and maintains one's network of contacts and resources and knows who to involve in problem resolution.
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner.
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions.
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues.
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change.
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members.
- Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results.
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results.
- Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported.
- Follows through to meet commitments to others.
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands.
- Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or problem and the relationship among variables that are not obvious.
- Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging risk issues.
- Has good understanding of current market and competitive landscape that the organization operates within.
Primary Location: East Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Other Locations: Rhode Island-East Providence
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.
Work in East Providence
Check out where you could be working if you apply.About this location