Representative, Customer Service, East Providence, RI (Full Time)
East Providence, Rhode Island
Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If that sounds like you, it’s time to drop everything and start getting excited – because we’re waiting to welcome you to an awesome future. One where you’ll be able to give your entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can Santander.
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional Investment Options
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA, Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and short-term disability insurance coverage
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel Discounts
As a member of Santander’s retail banking division, you’ll help serve Santander’s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank
Candidate is responsible for providing consistent high quality customer service to Santander's consumer banking customer via the telephone. Accurately responds and educates customers on inbound service and sales inquiries. Strengthens the customer relationship, effectively identifies customer needs, resolves issues and provides a customer experience that creates the opportunity to recommend additional products and services. Candidate demonstrates a strong knowledge of Santander's products and services including deposit, loans and credit cards. Consistently adheres to bank policies and procedures, code of ethics and all Federal, State and local laws
- Keeps informed of changes in bank products, services and procedures
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding mailings (i.e. statements, promotions, mortgage notices, escrow notices, etc.)
- Identify Customer needs, educate and sell customers on bank products, services and recommends solutions
- Responds to and resolves customer inquiries on account status, researching problems and inquiries
- Assesses customer needs beyond the immediate reason for contact
- Provides consistent quality customer service to internal and external customers that meet or exceed Santander's standards
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months customer service experience
- Basic aptitude for math, and proven ability to work with systems, accuracy in typing
- Ability to adjust to a changing environment
- Ability to educate customer on a service or product solution
- Ability to empathize with a customer and take ownership of an issue
- Ability to follow up on customer and commitments
- Ability to listen and interpret customer communication to identify needs
- Ability to make decisions and explain criteria and actions
- Ability to present information and solutions in clear concise terms
- Ability to question, accurately identify a need and present an effective solution
- Ability to set customer expectations and explain to customer what is being done to resolve an issue
- Bi-lingual specialty skill desired (Spanish and English)
- Complete knowledge of Sovereigns products, policies and procedures
- Demonstrates ability to identify suspicious, red flag, high risk or fraudulent activity
- Demonstrates analysis and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates high level of professionalism; actively attends meetings and conveys understanding of comments and questions of others; listens well in a group
- Encourages and empowers others to achieve; creates enthusiasm, a feeling of investment, and a desire to excel
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills required
- Flexibility in schedule
- Generates new ideas; goes beyond the status quo; recognizes the need for new or modified approaches; brings creativity to the job
- Manages time effectively
- Positively asserts own ideas and persuades others; gains support and commitment from others; mobilizes people to take action
- Proven Customer Service skills and ability to work in a fast paced changing environment
- Responds well to personal development and feedback, demonstrates a willingness to learn
- Shows ability to confirm and check for understanding of communication
- Speaks clearly and expresses self well in groups and in one-to-one conversations; articulates thoughts, ideas and solutions clearly; shows ability to simplify complex issues
- Strong communication skills and ability to present information clearly and professionally
- Strong verbal communications and customer service skills
- The ability to navigate Santander system to collect information and data needed to identify and assess needs and or diagnose service issue
- Working knowledge of Santander products, service and systems and ability to communicate and educate customers
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location: East Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Other Locations: Rhode Island-East Providence
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.
Work in East Providence
Check out where you could be working if you apply.About this location