Relationship OfficerApply Req ID: 2104322 Date posted 08/30/2021
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government. Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
The Relationship Officer provides day-to-day support and service to assigned Relationship Managers and their book of business via telephone, in person and email. S/he assists with the day to day needs for the clients and Relationship Mangers. The incumbent answers client inquires and provides support based on the needs of the client or the Relationship Manager. The Relationship Officer role conducts follow up on all paperwork submitted to ensure it is completed accurately and in a timely manner by internal supporting departments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists Relationship Managers and customers with copies of statements, transaction histories, copies of cancelled checks, account transfers, payments, requesting payoff letters etc.
- Assists with Compliance requested items during exams to gather data / files
- Handles daily customer requests via phone and/or system such as account opening, balance inquiries, wire processing, fraud, etc.
- Perform advances, transfers, payoffs and pay downs on loans
- Manages the daily overdrafts for their assigned Relationship Managers
- Meets expectations set for compliance testing related to position
- Recognizes cross sale and retention opportunities
- Supports Relationship Managers by answering calls, preparing packages, data entry, and gathering information to resolve issues or complete projects
- Troubleshoots and investigates customer issues and onboards new clients
- Assist with gathering KYC, CDD information for account opening and loan closings
- Assist with loan closing and moving to the booking/funding stage of SalesForce
- Responsible for weekly one on one meetings with Relationship Managers to review Pipeline, Maturity Report for deals that will need to be closed, upcoming deals that are coming due in the next 180 days, and any past due payments on loans
- Managing any additional projects that may come up throughout the year such as KYC Refresh, Expired ACH, Matured Deals that need to be closed, Grouping on Sales Force, reassignments of portfolios.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 0-3 years of experience in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- 3-5 years of experience with customer service or business process
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make prudent decisions
- Ability to identify and resolve exceptions and to interpret data
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to operate a wide range of office technology, such as computer, copier, scanning and fax machine
- Being an active listener who is patient and asks appropriate questions when necessary
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal)
- Fluid in adapting to and embracing change for themselves and with others
- Proven customer service/relations skills
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills
Primary Location: East Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Other Locations: New Jersey-Florham Park,Pennsylvania-Newtown,Massachusetts-Boston,Pennsylvania-Philadelphia,Rhode Island-East Providence
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.