Business Service Representative - East ProvidenceApply Req ID: Req1214707 Date posted 09/18/2023
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Assists customers with inquiries and/or problem resolution in a professional and composed manner and escalates to appropriate party if necessary.
• Builds relationships with customers, anticipate their needs and educate and demonstrate for customers how to utilize the various customer preference options.
• Complies with all company and risk management policies and procedures.
• Creates a connection and develop rapport with customers to provide outstanding, personalized service.
• Engages in team trainings and help with operational duties.
• Identifies needs and makes recommendations for quality improvement that creates perceived value to customers.
• Listens carefully and connects with customers to understand their top financial priorities and to uncover products and solutions that will benefit them.
• Meets or exceeds sales goals by influencing customers to learn about products/services that will benefit them,
• Participates actively in team meetings to help create a motivational environment.
• Promotes and adheres to company policies and procedures, code of ethics and all Federal, State and local laws.
• Shares recurrent problems and identified trends by customer input.
• Bachelor's Degree; or equivalent work experience
• 0-3 years; Experience in Financial Services, Customer Service, or goal-oriented environment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to adhere to policies, procedures, and instructions of management.
• Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
• Ability to build and foster internal and external relationships.
• Ability to educate customer on a service or product solution.
• Ability to present information or solution in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to question, accurately identify a need and present an effective solution.
• Ability to work effectively as a team member.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Broad knowledge of customer service best practices, identification, resolution and implementation.
• Demonstrates a strong knowledge of financial products and services including deposit, loans, credit cards and online banking.
• Demonstrates ability to confirm and check for understanding of communication.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Intermediate computer and data entry skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Actively seeks information to understand customer needs
• Adapts quickly to change and makes suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of change
• Appropriately shifts attention and refocuses on new goals as a result of changes in priorities or competing work demands
• Communicates clearly and precisely
• Listens carefully and asks questions to clarify understanding
• Defines issues accurately and identifies the critical components
• Demonstrates the organization's customer service standards
• Maintains professional behavior at all times in representing the company
• Does all routine work accurately and on-time; is aware of own impact on others
• Understands the central role the risk management function plays in the organization environment
• Learns to identify and flag items noncompliant with regulations
• Works effectively in team settings
• Shows appreciation for others' help and lends a hand when needed to complete shared tasks
Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Primary Location: East Providence, RI, East Providence
Other Locations: Rhode Island-East Providence