Specialist, Payment Operations, Check Processing, Dorchester, MAApply Req ID: 2103566 Date posted 07/21/2021
The Specialist, Payment Operations is responsible for supporting processing of payments and related activities, and is an integral part of the Payment Operations team.
- Provides exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Reports issues of concern or matters of potential loss to Manager.
- Supports processing of payment transactions and related activities.
- Supports check/mail processing and scanning
- Bachelor's Degree; in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics or equivalent work experience;
- 3-5 years in same or similar role.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, percentages and volume.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and written with customers, team and management.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common metrics used to measure and monitor operational performance, define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and provide clear and concise communication with a wide audience of internal departments.
- Adequate knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Developing knowledge of cash management industry, including systems, products and services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Collects data and relevant facts to communicate problems.
- Presents the general outline and direction of the solution.
- Demonstrates the organization’s customer service standard.
- Foundational - Learning and developing.
- Ensures all tasks are carried out correctly Learns from past mistakes and ensures that they are not repeated in similar future situations.
- Learns about and diligently follows established risk management policies, processes and procedures.
- Openly and proactively shares information.
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries.
- Takes responsibility for issues and, with assistance, works to find a solution.
- Understands the central role the risk management function plays in the organization environment.
- Learns to identify and flag items non-compliant with regulations.
- Works effectively in team settings.
- Shows appreciation for others' help and lends a hand when needed to complete shared tasks.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply
Primary Location: Dorchester, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Dorchester
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.